POPStation Qeustion

Mooney

I've been trying to get my PSX ISOs to work on 3.02 OE-B using POPStation, so far with no luck. First my FFVII wouldn't work because apparently when I converted it from .img to .iso it got totally screwed up, but my Mega Man 8 wouldn't work, either. It is a .bin file, and the readme says you can use .bin files. Another thing is that my EBOOT.pbp files are associated with PSP Brew, does that affect them? :naughty: Please help, I want my Mega Man! :D

dude that sounds strange. how are you doing the POPStation conversions. are you using a gui or straight command line. and how are you putting them on your memory card. is it in the game folder under it's own folder.

I've been using the command line version of PopStation, where I type this:

C:\popstation>popstation name.iso

My first try at FFVII would have worked perfectly if the ISO had not been screwed up, but then, after installing PSP Brew nothing worked anymore. I put all my games (the EBOOT.pbp and KEYS.bin) into their own folder in PSP\GAME. I'm gonna try some other apps, like PSX2PSP and some PopStation GUIs.

HA! Found a GUI that works! :naughty: Not only does it make a working EBOOT + KEYS.bin, it also lets you use custom icons and backgrounds for the game so it does not look like Hot Shots 2! Also has a feature to help fix the save problem! Get it here: http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=40946

EDIT: Yup, Mega Man 8.bin works perfectly with this! Full speed, sound, and no glitches at all! I AM TEH HAPPY!!!! :D

nice i just started trying this one out yesterday. i do like the custom options for game save and backgrounds. makes my psp soo much better. at first i thought to my self do i really care about ps1 games on the go. but after trying it i'm hooked only problem now is finding the time for the games.

hot damn there on v.0.4 do you know if it improved the speed of the conversions at all?

Edited by 28

hot damn they're on v.0.4 do you know if it improved the speed of the conversions at all?

I don't know, v0.4 is the first one I've used. It does go faster than the command line PopStation, though!

• 2 weeks later...

hot damn they're on v.0.4 do you know if it improved the speed of the conversions at all?

I don't know, v0.4 is the first one I've used. It does go faster than the command line PopStation, though!

:o

PlZ can you help me, my problem is:

I have a psp and i am stuiped, i have a downloaded dark alex's custom firmware the latest one (i think) 3.02 OE-B and it came with a popstation, how do i use it

Also i have dont know how to make a iso disk image work or how to get the DATA.DXAR

Plz hlp me i am so retarted i know but am a final fantasy 7 fanatic and i need help

PLZZZZZZZZZ help me!

Thank you, Cloud786

:o

PlZ can you help me, my problem is:

I have a psp and i am stuiped, i have a downloaded dark alex's custom firmware the latest one (i think) 3.02 OE-B and it came with a popstation, how do i use it

Also i have dont know how to make a iso disk image work or how to get the DATA.DXAR

Plz hlp me i am so retarted i know but am a final fantasy 7 fanatic and i need help

PLZZZZZZZZZ help me!

Thank you, Cloud786

Ok, lets start out slow. First, what firmware does your PSP have? Also, is it a TA-082 motherboard PSP? If you do not know how to tell if you have a TA-082, please look at this picture.

also go SLOW, check everything your doing twice and read the readmes over twice hell three times if you have too. when it comes to the daxr file. it's best to make your own. unless your pretty sure and turst your source man. if it's the wrong daxr file your bricked bro. not to scare you but your better off knowing then guessing. the whole thing is super dead easy after you've gotten your self to firmware 1.5. shouldn't take too long. but read the readme line for line man. and answer Mooney question. thats something you should know before you even start out on this road.