Getting a PSP

Shibathedog

Well someone is offering to sell me a PSP (in almost perfect condition, he didnt really use it, but somewhat old, possibly downgradable) with a 1GB Memory stick and a few random games (I dont remember which ones) and besides emulation, can anyone recommend me some good PSP games? I dont really know of any besides a few, the ones i was thinking of getting where loco roco and that new MGS game.

BTW im getting it all for 150 :)

Are you sure its an emulation/ homebrew capable PSP?

Anyway games you must have...

-----

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (duh)

Games I have...

-----

Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower

Street Fighter Alpha3 Max

Tekken: Dark Resurrection

Guilty Gear Judgment (Japanese Version's better - Has GGXX Slash)

Bomberman PSP

Lemmings

Medievil Resurrection

Mega Man Powered Up

Metal Gear Ac!d 2

Puyo Pop Fever

Sonic Rivals

Wipeout Pure

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Tag Force

Other games that people like but I dont personally include...

-----

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories & Vice City Stories

Brothers in Arms: D-Day

Crash Team Racing

Daxter

Lumines 1 & 2

Monster Hunter Freedom

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth

Thrillville

Killzone Liberation

SOCOM U.S. Navy Seals: Fireteam Bravo 1 & 2

Games not out yet but coming out in the next month or two...

-----

Metal Slug Anthology (Hell yes)

Steel Horizons

Silent Hill: Origins

Games on the horizon...

-----

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War

Gran Turismo 4: Mobile

Thats all I can think of for now... should set you up with stuff for a while at least.

Edited by DragonKeeper

Basically, Dragonkeeper has list out most good games.

MGS is a no brainer. ANd Tekken is a must to me.

My list:

MGS PO

Tekken DR

Monster Hunter Freedom (quite tough)

GTA

Megaman Powered Up

Ultimate Ghosts N Goblins

Lumines 2 (since it has all the skins from 1 and more)

Yugioh GX Tagforce

WWE SVR2007 (if you like wrestling like me :))

Valkyrie Profile

Street Fighter Alpha3 Max

DJ Max 2 (beatmania style)

Taiko Drum Master (better than the 2nd version)

ooh i forgot about metal slug and silent hill, theres quite a few games that look interesting to me on those lists, thanks alot

BTW I have Taiko Drum Master on PS2 so should i bother with the PSP version?

And no im not sure if its homebrew capable, im just assuming so, and even if it isnt, i wont be too disappointed because someone will figure it out eventually.

no!!! Taiko Drum Master for psp kicks ass, songs aren't that bad and the minigames are sooo good. you haven't played takio till you played the summo game multiplayer. sooo good.

Edited by 28

If you want to play homebrew and your legally backed up isos, you must make sure the firmware of the psp is no higher than 2.71. I repeat, no higher than 2.71. (and never update your firmware either) If it is, you will not be able to play any of the cool homebrew, or use any custom programs. Also, it would be better if the psp was not a ta-082 motherboard. The way to check that is here - http://img123.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ta82spot10ar.jpg

You can still play isos and homebrew, but some of the custom firmwares aren't available.

If you want to play homebrew and your legally backed up isos, you must make sure the firmware of the psp is no higher than 2.71. I repeat, no higher than 2.71. If it is, you will not be able to play any of the cool homebrew, or use any custom programs.

Please, look into these things before passing on your knowledge to noobs. :) There is in fact homebrew for 2.80, even an eLoader. Also, I'm just assuming, but you must have heard of the libTIFF exploit, which is alive and well on 2.80. Above 2.80, though, you are correct, there is nothing.

Get games, eLoader, and TIFF things for 2.80 from here:http://forums.qj.net/f-eloader-and-201-hom...ames-70890.html

If you want to play homebrew and your legally backed up isos, you must make sure the firmware of the psp is no higher than 2.71. I repeat, no higher than 2.71. If it is, you will not be able to play any of the cool homebrew, or use any custom programs.

Please, look into these things before passing on your knowledge to noobs. :blink: There is in fact homebrew for 2.80, even an eLoader. Also, I'm just assuming, but you must have heard of the libTIFF exploit, which is alive and well on 2.80. Above 2.80, though, you are correct, there is nothing.

Get games, eLoader, and TIFF things for 2.80 from here:http://forums.qj.net/f-eloader-and-201-hom...ames-70890.html

Well, you can't play isos on 2.8, now can you? Would you recommend updating firmware to 2.8? I highly doubt it. I stand corrected on the homebrew issue, but I would still recommend that Shibathedog not get the psp if it is firmware higher than 2.71.

Edited by floopy

no!!! Taiko Drum Master for psp kicks ass, songs aren't that bad and the minigames are sooo good. you haven't played takio till you played the summo game multiplayer. sooo good.

The Simon Says minigame is the best.