Hidden account

GodPigeon

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will all be happy to know that my problem is fixed :shootem:

Thanx to those who helped :shootem: It was just as easy as Drake said it was to put the password. I thought it was different but its cool now.

But i would Still like to know how to put on the Password for startup :blink:

Not sure if this is the right thing, but if you want to change the password of an account on your PC, and your account is not totally restricted (Like on school comps where you can't edit any files that aren't in My Documents ) you just type this into cmd (Start > Run> cmd):

net user <ACCOUNT NAME> <PASSWORD>

<ACCOUNT NAME> = The name of the account (If you don't know it, just type "net user" and a list will come up)

<PASSWORD> = Any password at all. This is what the password will be set to, even if you don't know the current password.

Ooops too late. But hey, this method works anyway.

Edited by Mooney

Not sure if this is the right thing, but if you want to change the password of an account on your PC, and your account is not totally restricted (Like on school comps where you can't edit any files that aren't in My Documents ) you just type this into cmd (Start > Run> cmd):

net user <ACCOUNT NAME> <PASSWORD>

<ACCOUNT NAME> = The name of the account (If you don't know it, just type "net user" and a list will come up)

<PASSWORD> = Any password at all. This is what the password will be set to, even if you don't know the current password.

Ooops too late. But hey, this method works anyway.

w0w this is great, even though i already formatted my comp, this is really good to know, thanx mooney.

do you actually type the ">" things or do you just type what you want it to be?

no...they are just there to tell the reader that that entire string is one variable in teh command.

LoL, i kinda had to figure that one out through trial and error :)

i was just wondering because i couldnt remember if it was linux that usually uses those or windows, or PHP, or HTML or a combination of things

i wish there was one language/command type language that did everything it would be way easier lol, even though thats pretty much impossible

wow i didnt even know that

thats going to come in handy

do you actually type the ">" things or do you just type what you want it to be?

No, here's what it looks like, where the user name is "admin" and the new password will be "h4x0rd": :)

net user admin h4x0rd

Edited by Mooney