Error reporting HD size

Sturmvogel

You think that's screwed? Why? Better to have the OS on one partition and apps on another or more, as well as your Pagefile on another (Preferably on a different disk than the OS).

Here's my hard drive setup.

Hard Drive 0 - 40GB Maxtor DiamondMax 7200RPM

FS=FAT32, Partitions:

C (XP) - 5.00GB

D (Programs) - 2.93GB

E (Games 1) - 8.79GB

F (Games 2) - 8.96GB

G (Holdings) - 11.60GB

Hard Drive 1 - 80GB Western Digital Caviar 7200RPM

FS=NTFS, Partitions:

H (Swap) - 1.02GB

I (Holdings 2) - 17.48GB

J (Isos) - 9.99GB

K (Music) - 5.00GB

L (Movies) - 6.01GB

M (Emulation) - 35.00GB

I'm adding another 80GB drive soon that I'm being given for free, not quite sure what I'm going to allocate that to, but my drives will definitely be undergoing a major facelift.

I meant to spell "skewed." But I see what you mean in any case. At least I can now use all of my HDD. Yeah...the OS having its own dedicated partition seems like a good idea. I'll put the stuff I backed up before the system recovery on the larger partition.

I don't think I could stand having one or more HDD's sectioned like that. It would drive me crazy. I like most of my stuff in one space. And that stuff isn't anything irreplaceable if my HDD were to die. I currenty have everything backed up.

You probably have a lot more stuff than me. I have about 3/4 of my drive filled, and that's all I need for now.

Thanks for the help though.

i like setting a separate partition for the OS install anyway

in fact i have an HDD dedicated to it and i only install things to it when i have to (like really small apps)

Supposedly setting it up with a system partition pushes the data to the edge and makes everything run smoother too