trouble with a new screenpack

stephka

hi,

I downloaded mugen a week or two ago and decided I wanted to try a new screenpack created by duracelleur. One of my problems with the screenpack is that I can't see anything in my options menu. The background is there and the select cursor shows up but its all empty of any writing. I managed to fix that same problem in the main menu screen but I don't know where to mess with the options menu specifications. The other is that I have a broli character that will kick me out of the game if you pick him. It gets partway through his intro and then kicks me out. My operating system is winxp. Thanks for any help offered.

Edited by stephka

the reason the words aren't shoeing up is probably because you downloaded a dosmugen screenpack and the dosmugen fonts dont work on winmugen to fix this you need a tool to edit the fonts like font factory found at http://virtualltek.mgbr.net and change the colour depth of the font to 256

and regarding your second question unless it gives you an error code I can't really help you there :banghead:

I tried the link but it didnt work and searching for it on google came up with the same link. I could still try to change the color depth though. What file should I change the color depth in? I noticed as I was looking in my font folder that I have a font folder within my font folder. Is this normal? I know that characters dont show up if you have a folder within a folder. So could this possibly be a reason some fonts arent showing up? I was actually looking at my character select menu and noticed it doesnt list the characers name or let you see the stage select. Thanks.

Edited by stephka

That actually fixed part of the problem. I can read the characters names and stage select in the character pick screen. Sadly my options menu is still blank. Font factory let me change all but a couple. One of them was 4x6.fnt. It said in short that access was denied and I could make no changes to these files. Dont know if that is helpful or not but thought I would put it up. Is there anything else that would cause it to not display text in options?