Street Fighter Anniversary Arcade Stick

BlackKnight

The stick itself has been discussed to death. Iv had one for a year or so now but am noticing this problem moreso than before...

Has anyone who has one of these ever noticed that intermittently it just shuts off? Doesnt register any more inputs? Sometimes its like you just pulled out the controller- nothing happens. Othertimes its as though it got stuck on an input- a character will keep walking continually right for example.

In these situations the only thing I can do to fix it is to unplug it, then plug it back in and it usually works. This problem seems to occur very randomly. Sometimes it works fine for hours at a time, and at others it happens with less than a minute in between. Iv tried working out if it happens when I move the stick or when I jam a bunch of buttons at once but so far I havnt got anything.

If anyone has experienced this or knows about it please let me know. I have the sick feeling maybe mines just stuffed or maybe my PS2s controller port has had it. But I do remember ages ago when I bought it the one on display was working one day, unresponsive the next.. maybe the same thing. It might have just been unplugged though so cant say.

Any help is appreciated- I dont want to retire the stick over this :)

From what I hear about the stick, resoldering the joints and connections fixes the problem. Alot of people have had your problem. Resoldering or replacing all the buttons seems to do the trick.

Nope. It's been reported that the stick suffers said problems the best solution is resoldering, other then that, hope for the best.