Wii Remote for DS emulator

Ahmad89

I was just thinking, is it possible to use the wii remote for the ds emulator. Havent tried it since im not crazy enough to stand in a line for days to get a wii. Hope nobody mentioned it yet and that i am the first who thought of it. Since you have a touch screen for the ds you can use the wii remote and move the character aslo by the wii remote that way you wont have to use the keyboard and a mouse to control the ds.

Somebody try it out and tell me if it works good.

I don't think it works that way. The Wii remote communicates with the Wii using Bluetooth which no computer is capable of using unless you get some expensive hardware and even then no telling what kind of encryption Nintendo has put on it to prevent this. Also DS emulation is far from being anywhere near running games that use 3D so talking about external peripherals like this is all but pointless at this time.

I will admit however it is an interesting idea but not one that will be implemented anytime in the near future if ever.

I don't think it works that way. The Wii remote communicates with the Wii using Bluetooth which no computer is capable of using unless you get some expensive hardware and even then no telling what kind of encryption Nintendo has put on it to prevent this. Also DS emulation is far from being anywhere near running games that use 3D so talking about external peripherals like this is all but pointless at this time.

I will admit however it is an interesting idea but not one that will be implemented anytime in the near future if ever.

I think u may be confused with what he is saying(you're probably not and maybe i am so dont take this offensive at all PLEASE :) )

But i think that he is saying for a DS emulator on the Wii itself, so the Wii controller in colab withcould be used as the touch screen since u cant touch your own house TV :lol:

Its a really good idea but its gonna be hard to have a full controll and a wii remote dont you think??

Edited by GoRDoOnE

Thats not what i ment. I mean using your PC and playing with a ds emulator and it is possible to use your wii remote as a mouse on the computer. I believe it is mentioned on this site and if you go on the web it tells you how to program your computer for using the wii as a wireless mouse. Even if the emulator is long from being done you still can use for example encysta(or something like that) to try it out.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

you can however use the ds as a tv with the sensor bar underneath but you still need a wii to play the games.

In thery a Wii/DS emu could be possible but the size of the wii games is bigger than the ds ones so if you could jump that hurdle who knows

Um...I think you might be confused. We're talking about using a Wii controller for a DS emulator on PC.

Now I have learned that there is now a program that can use the Wii remote to emulate the mouse on the screen so that might work for the DS emulators since the touchscreen feature uses the mouse anyway.

• 9 months later...