I just got my hands on a Dreamcast so Im looking to keep it working for as long as possible. Anyway, when burning backups, whats the best type of disc to be using?

I ask because I know the better brands are TDK, Memorex etc. but I want to know which will strain the DC drive the least to read. I usually use TDK golds, but some old players I have struggle with them more than other cheaper disks.

I dont want this kind of thing to run down my DC, so yeh can anyone offer an opinion on the subject?

if your just going to be running out to the store to get media, Memorex, TDK, and Verbatim are probably your best bet, avoid any weird multicolor or black discs though, not that they are a bad idea, you just dont know what your going to get (alot of memorex for example is rebranded ritek)

if you want to buy online/save some money, head over to www.supermediastore.com and order either Taiyo Yuden, or Ritek/Ridata (these two are the same thing)

Sega make decent lasers unlike Sony from my exp, but for mine i use phillips, infiniti and verbatim.

Just watch out for poorly dummy packed games there is where the damage is done you can hear it.

Also games like JSR and MOTW are bit disk intensive compared to other games.