Inside the Wii

Robert

I heard games could be 10$ but imo should be 5$ max and under.

check out

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6160819.html?q...sole%20%20games

starting prices according to link

"The company also reiterated the starting price points for the games, noting that NES games start at 500 Wii Points ($5), TurboGrafx-16 games at 600 Wii Points ($6), Super NES and Sega Genesis games at 800 Wii Points ($:P, and Nintendo 64 games at 1,000 Wii Points ($10). Wii Points will be available online or at retail in packs of 2,000 with a suggested price of $20"

I heard games could be 10$ but imo should be 5$ max and under.

check out

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6160819.html?q...sole%20%20games

starting prices according to link

"The company also reiterated the starting price points for the games, noting that NES games start at 500 Wii Points ($5), TurboGrafx-16 games at 600 Wii Points ($6), Super NES and Sega Genesis games at 800 Wii Points ($:P, and Nintendo 64 games at 1,000 Wii Points ($10). Wii Points will be available online or at retail in packs of 2,000 with a suggested price of $20"

As much as I love the old game, i still prefer playing next gen games IF i own a next gen console. What si the point of buying if i use it to play old games?

Nostalgia, filling the void of lackluster games and library of games if N don't have enough to compete with rivals.

If you are new to emulation and if they emulate better than homebrew, it might be good to play the games probperly you couldn't.

As for next gen it can be in gamplay and innovation only graphically its on par or above xbox. But games has been about gameplay where N excels but need the icing of graphics on the cake of game play

the emulation part is really cool, but a cable you can use to hook your PC up to your TV costs about 5 bucks

even if you need to go wireless, its going to end up being wayyyy less than 50 bucks, and then you have the functionality of a PC

im more interested in the N64 emulation because it still kinda blows on the PC (but i havent touched N64 emulation in quite awhile) and i already have most of those other systems emulated on every other console i own somehow

and the WiFi part looks so simple because its made by Mitsumi :clapping:

the emulation part is really cool, but a cable you can use to hook your PC up to your TV costs about 5 bucks

even if you need to go wireless, its going to end up being wayyyy less than 50 bucks, and then you have the functionality of a PC

im more interested in the N64 emulation because it still kinda blows on the PC (but i havent touched N64 emulation in quite awhile) and i already have most of those other systems emulated on every other console i own somehow

and the WiFi part looks so simple because its made by Mitsumi :clapping:

N64 emulation is Doing great so far for me. A couple "Doo-Dahs" here and there but most games play perfectly for me. I mean, come-on who doesnt like beating the penguin race in Mario 64??? B)

I find that funny that people are saying it's "graphically as good or slightly better than the Xbox". As far as I'm concerned, there isn't a better looking title than Metroid Prime 1/2 on the Xbox.

Oh and when you get right down under the hood, and OFF paper propoganda, the GAMECUBE is more powerful than the Xbox........the Xbox just has the added benefit of loading crap onto the hard drive and streaming from there.

The Cube's 450Mhz Gecko PPC CPU is far more powerful than a Pentium III 700, and although it only has 48MB of RAM in comparison to the Xbox 64 (BOTH of which are shared by the GPU, BUT the Cube's is on die) it makes use of MUCH faster 1T SRAM than the Xbox's SD.

If the Gamecube had a hard drive like the Xbox, it would kick the living crap out of it.