Michael Richards (Kramer on Seinfeld) Loses it!

Alpha

Comedians don't keep it cool when being heckled. The best comedians know how to fight back and demolish the hecklers with very mean jokes. Obviously, Michael Richards did not do it properly.

Very true, he shouldve made the crowd laugh at them instead of doing what he did.

My two favorite comedians arent white (Dave chapelles/Carlos Mencia) So they really arent close to this kind of encounter in particular :P

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh that was in surprisingly poor taste to go off directly at audience members like that.

But beyond that, what honestly is the big deal in using the "n-word" ? I dont live in the states so I dunno how it goes down there but it seems common usage here in Australia.. and we dont even have any niggaz damnit. And why is there that double standard? Black performers of all kinds... singers, comedians... spew out nigger as part of their acts. I realise Richards was using it in the pejorative sense, but why is it more offensive than calling someone a motherflocker?

But beyond that, what honestly is the big deal in using the "n-word" ? I dont live in the states so I dunno how it goes down there but it seems common usage here in Australia.. and we dont even have any niggaz damnit. And why is there that double standard? Black performers of all kinds... singers, comedians... spew out nigger as part of their acts. I realise Richards was using it in the pejorative sense, but why is it more offensive than calling someone a motherflocker?

It is a racial slur so that's the big deal which is why I don't think even black performers should use it. They've cheapened the word so much that it barely means anything until someone who isn't black or hispanic (why they get to get away with it baffles me) says it and then there is a huge ruckus. I don't understand why any culture would want to use a racial slur used by others to demean them as a way to show brotherhood and to identify one's self as a group. I don't understand this type of American Black culture nor do I care to because most of the stuff that comes out of it just makes me roll my eyes.

They've cheapened the word so much that it barely means anything until someone who isn't black or hispanic (why they get to get away with it baffles me) says it and then there is a huge ruckus.

Which is why I think it is bs that they can get up in arms when a white guy uses it. That's what pisses me off.