Don't Flood The Forums For Rom Sector Or You Will Be BANNED!

Alpha

So far we have had 2 cases with 2 people bringing back old posts and such by just trying to get into rom sector in one day. This is spam or what I call flooding the forum. We will ban you even if you attempt this. First we will PM you to stop and if you do not reply, then most likely you won't be able to access this site or Rom Sector again for that matter. Rom Sector and the 100 posts requirement was adding so we can furthermore build our community larger and stronger, not for it to become a spam or leechers zone. :twisted:

• 6 months later...

sorry to be a Nazi but why not just post a link to the forum rules and ban them immediately in case they miss it?

just look at Romshare for example, they ban quite a few people for breaking the rules. i think thats a record, considering how many members that forum have already. it isnt exactly an open forum though, but it still is high-profile if anything.

its strict, sure. but it works. and looking at Romshare it does work wonders imho.

but then again, the stickies on the current affairs takes a scroll to view them completely on 800x600 desktop resolution.

quick question...u guys would know... how many members joined here nowadays?

thats pretty off topic. But we have about 1500 members now because of our development of SS5, Mslug5, SVC chaos.

As for your suggestion Xeon, Most people don't bother reading the rules or the stickies. Thats why we have so many seperate topic of SS5 when theres a big topic stickied.

Just look at mugenguild forums for example, people request SvC: characters and theres already a big bold topic saying not to :(

So I guess we're figuring out a better way to enforce our rules :)

Yes please, replying to old topics and resurrecting thread is a bad idea, I mean com on, you know there are just about so many forums here for you to speak your mind in which the area of your interest.