I think i have finally found a good graphics card.

ssj9vegeto0

Alright, i have been searching for a long time for a new gfx card,and my birthday is coming up I asked my parents for a graphics card for my birthday they said pick one that wasnt too expensive(including shipping)but anyway,i was wondering if this was a good deal

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814102410

i wont get any money,but this looks pretty good. one guy said he ran Oblivion flawless on all high settings! i was wondering what you guys think.

Oblivion flawless on high settings? I think not. It's most certainly not a bad card but if you want to play the latest games without sacrificing a lot it will not suffice any longer.

I'd have to agree. Even with my ATI Radeon 9800 PRO (256Mb), I could only run Oblivion on medium quality. Only with my new Radeon X1600 PRO(512Mb) can I run Oblivion on "very high" quality.

Edited by Mooney

Oblivion flawless on high settings? I think not. It's most certainly not a bad card but if you want to play the latest games without sacrificing a lot it will not suffice any longer.

I'd have to agree. Even with my ATI Radeon 9800 PRO (128Mb), I could only run Oblivion on medium quality. Only with my new Radeon X1600 PRO(512Mb) can I run Oblivion on "very high" quality.

Well a 9800 Pro 128/256 can run Ob on High. You'd just need to tweak it(both the card and the game) a little bit more like what I did.

Oblivion with THAT retarded card? BS Extreme there buddy.

Yep agreed Cinder. I use to have 1gb ram and even that was hell to play games at the highest setting. Anymore with the latest games it is safe to say 2gb on the pc ram. And go with a pci express card if you want to play the latest and greatest anyway.

Did anyone else miss him saying he only had 256MB of RAM? Good luck running Oblivion, period. At least not without all the pagefile swapping making the game stutter no matter the video card you put in there.

um,firstly i never said i wanted to play oblivion.....i said it COULD play oblivion I am planning on getting Call of Duty 2 and maybe first encounter assault recon and secondly i said i was going to upgrade to 380 maybe 510,even though its not much it will help.

edit: by the way this one looks like it might be good x16 pci express $60 its $50 after mail in rebate http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814153017

Edited by ssj9vegeto0