The Wii Vs. PlayStation 3

Alpha

Wii Vs. Playstation 3  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There arent any 2D ones Id want that I dont already have on PS2 (with the ostensible exception of Third Strike) and yeh if there is a Tekken 6 I wanna play it. And anyway thats just SCEA. Last month SSV, KOFXI and Neowave were all released at budget prices here in Aus. I figure in Europe theyll still get their business online or otherwise.

Fighting game ports on the Wii though? Yeh it makes sense but I dont have a good feeling about that.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignition Entertainment is responsible for those ports. Not SNK ;) They were already released in Europe. SCEJ is going to start their set of enforcement soon.

Classic Shell + fighting games = FTW

Ignition Entertainment is responsible for those ports. Not SNK :blink: They were already released in Europe. SCEJ is going to start their set of enforcement soon.

Classic Shell + fighting games = FTW

Thats funny, since I didnt mention the letters S, N or K anywhere. Odd.

Oh and did I forget to mention that the PS3 is an open platform? 1.10 supports homebrew so... hmm... that makes the choice even more difficult...

I will be buying the Ps3. Me and a friend are buying as many as we can get our greedy little mits on. Did the same thing with the Xbox, Ps2 and Xbox360. Then sold them on eBay for a nice profit. I would never pay the price for a new Ps3. But the rich parents of the spoiled brats out there will.

Thats funny, since I didnt mention the letters S, N or K anywhere. Odd.

Oh and did I forget to mention that the PS3 is an open platform? 1.10 supports homebrew so... hmm... that makes the choice even more difficult...

Just be glad you got ports :blink:

Open Platform = old news.

And that supports homebrew, is that, you know, legally?

Well I am happy with my 360, but if I had to pick one of the options I would pick the wii. Sony just doesn’t seem to have it’s game together this platform, while Nintendo, after a LONG run of mishaps, seems to be back on track. With Sony only having 1 game that I want (and rumors flying that it might make it to the xbox) I see little reason to drop $600 on it.

having actually played the wii (excite truck) and the ps3 (??), i still have to say that i like the wii much better. the ps3 really didnt impress me much graphically (though it may have just been the game), but i honestly think i saw better graphics on the xb360. the graphics on the wii are certainly sub-par for being next-gen, but nintendo has never claimed that the wii was next-gen, but rather something else entirely. excite truck was a lot of fun to play, but hard to get the hang of, i didnt know how to go forward at first, then i figured it out, and then i got the tilt on the wiimote, but it was too touchy (i couldnt adjust it, so i was s.o.l.). i really wish theyd put wii sports in that particular kiosk. as for the ps3 game, i didnt catch the name on it, but it was a dirt bike game with a lot of jumping of ramps and crashing into things. the blur effect was more irritating and the environments were very boring and uninteresting. the texture effects were very nice, and 3d models were very high in poly count, but still not like anything i have seen on the 360 thus far. also, the controller on the ps3, i dont think this was the sixway (or whatever it is called), but the L2 and R2 triggers have a small lip on the bottom of them to make them easier on the fingers, it was weird at first, but quickly became the norm.

ps. sorry for the lack of caps, but using a busted keyboard atm.

Well, I'm happy also with my 360 right now. Seeing as the PS3 release games don't appeal me to a point of "wow" I'm looking away from it. The Wii has me worried a bit, so I'm waiting till summer to even attempt to buy one.

I don't really care about 360. I think it's bullshit with nothing of value on it, just like it's predecessor. I hope it dies... as for Wii, there's going to be tons of RPG sequels that are going to make it awesome, the super backwards compatibility is way cool and combine it with an accessible price and you've got yourself a very strong competitor for console of the year. PS3 on the other hand I don't really have any idea. That controller looks horrible to be honest. But the reason I'm getting it is because I'm such a Final Fantasy fanboy and I couldn't bare to stay away from Final Fantasy 13/14/etc. and alot of other awesome games series. OFC I'd always search for a way to play "backups" on it.

• 3 months later...