How i see future emulation

I see future emulation not happenning until 2 things happen first:

1. Internet speeds drasticly increase to at least 1mb/sec minimum

2. CPU speed increase to at least 5GHz.

without this we couldnt match todays system emulation like we do with the nes and snes.

• 2 weeks later...

well i mean, look how fast internet has sped in the last ten years.... right now as we speak i read that they are working on 10mb/s internet that will probably be available in ten years.

Some broadband ADSL users I've seen are given 26mbps from their ISP's.

T1 is faster.....T3 is faster.

And hell OC connections smoke up into the GBps (OC48 is something like 5GBps I believe)

Internet speeds play no role in emulation, 56kers download huge files too (The ones that have the patience and ability to)

Emulation of hardware depends only on the availablility of documentation and the drive of people to make it happen.

With good optimization of code and hardware acceleration, there is nothing out there ATM that couldn't be emulated full speed on a PC.

(The reason Mame needs such killer processing speed for some newer stuff, is because it's 100% software based........which sux)

you're like an oracle. Why do you think internet speeds need to be any faster to make emulation of faster systems possible?

More advanced systems have bigger games.

Try to download 1.5GB gamecube cd with cable or ADSL.

• 2 weeks later...
I see future emulation not happenning until 2 things happen first:

1. Internet speeds drasticly increase to at least 1mb/sec minimum

2. CPU speed increase to at least 5GHz.

without this we couldnt match todays system emulation like we do with the nes and snes.

There are already Internet connections available to the public reaching speeds of over 1mb/s down. Anything over 100kb/s is fine by me, ISOs are done in no time.