• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any progress?

I'll be visiting a friend at Glenbrook next Sunday, let me know if you

want to be visited too!

Robert, Sorry I checked too late. A visit would've been good although I'm spread thin these days. My wife is due to have the next baby end of next week, I'll probably be home for the whole of Feb and will have time to get back to the Super-80. I would've liked to show you the behavior I'm seeing with the memory corruption.

Peter.

• 2 months later...

Pheww...had a Lo-o-o-o-o-ng look in my shed last month and found my Super-80 stuff.

Got the original Technical construction manual, circuit diagram....It's Electronics Australia October 1981.

I also have the original documentation for the Dick Smith character generator...with circuit diagram.

Also atech bulletin to fix random chars on screen (u76 mod).

Would you believe it, an original Cassette still in its case of the debuger/disassembler by DS? LOL

A good find is a heap of Super-80 Users group newsletters from the heathmont club.

I used to live across the road, one night as I recall a manager of DSE came along and got an absolute caneing by the group for lack of support....those were the days.

Will scan all the documents and commit to CD, and make available for all.

If anyone has a completely stuffed S80, I have the professional equipment to clean it up and copy the PCB, in any event if not, a mate can plug the circuit diagram into Protel and generate anew pcb.

50 pieces ex China would be cheap as chips.

Edited by z80

Good to hear from you again. Peter is (as you'd expect) caught up with a new family member but I think he still wants to get back to fixing his Super-80.

Good luck reading that tape, I expect it would be completely unreadable by now!

The newsletters would be handy, I have some copies of various newsletters but being photocopied, they've mostly faded away. I have Melbourne, Brisbane, Dick Smith, Sutherland users groups. Plus all kinds of other paperwork. What I don't have is a scanner or a camera. Or the time.

Do you have a Super-80? I can't remember. :)

Good to hear from you again. Peter is (as you'd expect) caught up with a new family member but I think he still wants to get back to fixing his Super-80.

Good luck reading that tape, I expect it would be completely unreadable by now!

The newsletters would be handy, I have some copies of various newsletters but being photocopied, they've mostly faded away. I have Melbourne, Brisbane, Dick Smith, Sutherland users groups. Plus all kinds of other paperwork. What I don't have is a scanner or a camera. Or the time.

Do you have a Super-80? I can't remember. :D

I wish i still had it, but alas I have no idea where it got to...lost in a move somewhere.

All I need is some time....but got the bios rom now so will have a go at it soon.

They are sooo easy to get going if they are broken..as longa s you have a good scope.

If someone has a board I have a pro desoldering machine to remove everything and copy the artwork.

then that would add a new dimension to the "genuineness"

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Good to see more talk about the Super-80. I'll get back to mine soon. I'm not sure I'd donate mine to use as a pattern for the artwork although I would be in reproducing and aquiring another!

Cheers,

Peter.

• 6 months later...

I had written an emulator at one time for it, called RMESS

You may still be able to download it at Emu#dreams, just type RMESS into the search field.

Next year, I will try to get it added into MESS, a multi-console emulator.

As to what worked, everything except for the cassette interface. And the natural keyboard has some issues. But, all the games worked fine.