Dick Smith Super 80 computer kit

Garos

No need to be nasty, pal. There has been a link to pictures for the last year (in another forum), but only the insides. Couldn't be bothered undoing everything to put a case back on, just to take a photo.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to be nasty, pal. There has been a link to pictures for the last year (in another forum), but only the insides. Couldn't be bothered undoing everything to put a case back on, just to take a photo.

I 100% appologize, after re-reading my post it feels like someone else must have posted it. I spent like over 6+ hours using google to try and find pictures of this machine because I ran across a few posts that said it's impossible to find. I think I somehow vented my frustration in that post and that was very bad of me. Please accept my appology!!

• 1 month later...

ahaha , yeah that game was the pinnacle of my hexadecimal machine code programming, I was 14 years old at that time, neglected my schoolwork and just worked on the Super 80. Looking back now I just dont know how I did it.

I only dusted off my Super 80 this year after 20 years in storage at my folks place. I got it working again after some bad sockets and ram and dug up my old tapes including crazy maze. No time these last 3 months with a new born baby

then a dash overseas (with baby) to visit wifes ailing parents. Will digitize the tapes to wav file when I get time.

Its funny talking about the Super 80 and looking at my early soldering and mods as a 43 year old!!

Now if I concentrated my early efforts on a more mainstream computer instead of a hobbiest machine I would have made some real money.. oh well.. (just kidding)

Ill get back to preserving the old beastie when wife and baba let me!!

George!! :)

I have been reading the yahoo postings... :)

It would be good to get a copy of whatever George G. has.

His Crazy maze game was by far the best arcade game written for the S80, graphics was reasonable, but the keyboard etc responses in the game were first class, and it wasnt a pushover to play either.

I would actually be building the machine to play the one game...silly as it seems.

• 2 years later...