Alternative to Adobe acrobat?

iq_132

Does anyone know a good alternative to adobe acrobat reader?

I hate adobe products and how bloated + ad-ridden they are. I'd really like it to be freeware, very small, with a nice gui. However, I can deal with a shareware app, plugin for MS word, or a crap gui.

tia :thumbsup1:

ehhh i actually find adobe products to be the best for their purpose......besides acrobat, its not as bad if you get acrobat pro (the pay version, its really just called Acrobat and the free one is Adobe Reader)

i dont even really think theres a need for the entire acrobat format though

Ad-ridden? Never had that problem.

I have Acrobat Reader 6 here, there are 2 faults:

1. Everytime it was invoked it would try to access the internet, I blocked this with my firewall

2. If you open a .pdf via IE, Acrobat would stay in memory forever, it was necessary to use task manager to get rid of it.

At work we have version 7, what a pain in the butt to install it over the net, lucky someone found the full install on their laptop. After that, it seems to work fine.

If it wasn't for the fact that game manuals etc in PDF are easier to use, I'd have to say the PDF format in itself is such a useless POS.

I like how Comic Books are done, in a simple zip that's given a .cbr extension. PDF = Preposterous Dumbass Format