2.71 SE-B to be Released Soon!

Mooney

From www.psp-hacks.com:

Word on the virtual street is that Dark_AleX will soon be releasing a new version of his custom firmware — 2.71 Special Edition: Revision B (2.71 SE-B). It’s currently in the testing phase and will feature the following additions:

* Built-in ISO/CSO support (DAX to be added in 2.71 SE-C (or later)). The ISO/CSO in the “ms0:/ISO/” folder will display in the game menu. At this time an UMD has to be in the drive (that won’t be needed in the future releases);

* Ability to set the “ms0:/PSP/GAME/” folder for 1.50 kernel homebrews and “ms0:/PSP/GAME271/” for 2.71 homebrew (this is optional);

* Ability to run an EBOOT at startup;

* Some game compatibility issues were fixed;

* Ability to force the use of boot.bin in UMDs;

* Ability to enable/disable the noplainmodulecheck patch in UMDs/ISOs (for advanced users);

* All previous features from SE-A.

2.71 SE-B is currently being tested by Dark_AleX, Mathieulh, and harleyg; expect to see it in the near future!

Wow, built-in ISO/CSO support? Could this mean DevHook will become obsolete? Which wouldn't be bad, seeing as the assholes over at Sony shut it down... <_<

Yeah... a while back Sony sent a Cease and Desist order to Booster saying that part of DevHook contained copyrighted files or some bullshit. :thumbsup1: So, Booster was forced to stop work.

Not true. Booster is still working on Devhook behind the scenes. A 2.8 capable beta version is out there if you look.

Yeah, I figured that out after AxL sent me a link to the story. Turns out, I just read the QJ.net panic story. :thumbsup1:

And yes, built in ISO support is AMAZING! This makes it soooo much easier for having multiple ISOs. Now you won't have to boot up DevHook everytime you want to switch! Only problem is, the games seem to run a bit slow. Doy you know what clockspeed they're set to run at? <_< Or how I could make it 333Mhz?

And yes, built in ISO support is AMAZING! This makes it soooo much easier for having multiple ISOs. Now you won't have to boot up DevHook everytime you want to switch! Only problem is, the games seem to run a bit slow. Doy you know what clockspeed they're set to run at? :P Or how I could make it 333Mhz?

They run at 222mhz. You can up the clockspeed using those other hacks.. but not in SE-B itself. Why would you want to though? When you say run 'slow' do you mean slower than they would be if you ran them off the UMD normally?

speakin of mem sticks, which is the biggest one currently available?

8GB is currently available. However, the PSP only supports upto 4GB natively. You need a patch from version 2.81 or higher to be able to read data off a stick larger than 4GB.

And yes, built in ISO support is AMAZING! This makes it soooo much easier for having multiple ISOs. Now you won't have to boot up DevHook everytime you want to switch! Only problem is, the games seem to run a bit slow. Doy you know what clockspeed they're set to run at? :o Or how I could make it 333Mhz?

They run at 222mhz. You can up the clockspeed using those other hacks.. but not in SE-B itself. Why would you want to though? When you say run 'slow' do you mean slower than they would be if you ran them off the UMD normally?

Yes, I mean that when I'm playing my GTA.ISO, there is a lot of game play lag. However, I just discovered that someone has released a 2.71 SE overclocker, which lets you change the default clockspeed to either 111Mhz, 300Mhz, or 333Mhz. Since Wifi does not work at 333Mhz, I chose 300Mhz, and now everything is running smooth. :P

Yes, I mean that when I'm playing my GTA.ISO, there is a lot of game play lag. However, I just discovered that someone has released a 2.71 SE overclocker, which lets you change the default clockspeed to either 111Mhz, 300Mhz, or 333Mhz. Since Wifi does not work at 333Mhz, I chose 300Mhz, and now everything is running smooth. :thumbsup1:

Thats interesting.. I havnt experienced any such lag.. even when Iv used the UMD and Rips of a few games side by side to compare the difference.

Some say it happens if you compress to CSO. Is that the case? I still havnt noticed any such problems at 222mhz or otherwise.

Yes, I mean that when I'm playing my GTA.ISO, there is a lot of game play lag. However, I just discovered that someone has released a 2.71 SE overclocker, which lets you change the default clockspeed to either 111Mhz, 300Mhz, or 333Mhz. Since Wifi does not work at 333Mhz, I chose 300Mhz, and now everything is running smooth. :thumbsup1:

Thats interesting.. I havnt experienced any such lag.. even when Iv used the UMD and Rips of a few games side by side to compare the difference.

Some say it happens if you compress to CSO. Is that the case? I still havnt noticed any such problems at 222mhz or otherwise.

You know, I never thought about CSO compression causing lag. :) I've just always done it so I could fit more games on my MS. I'll have to test that theory... :)