Has the Chankast team stopped working on Chankast?

I was wandering, has chankast team stopped workling on the emulator because their last update was in 2004

I wanted to ask if they can fix one bug on a game I am playing - Sonic Adventure 2.

For those who have finished that game, they will know that you need to see the shadow of a boss to defeat it. There is no way to defeat that boss without seeing its shadow. I tried to see it througb wireframe but there was nothing to be seen.

I was wandering, has chankast team stopped workling on the emulator because their last update was in 2004

I wanted to ask if they can fix one bug on a game I am playing - Sonic Adventure 2.

For those who have finished that game, they will know that you need to see the shadow of a boss to defeat it. There is no way to defeat that boss without seeing its shadow. I tried to see it througb wireframe but there was nothing to be seen.

iF that is the big ghost while playing as knuckles, then u might be right, sounds kind of hard, but i dont think this request should be asked here. maybe so but u prolly wont get any results

Chankast has been dead for a long time. No one wanted to admit it, and i'm sure there are a bunch of people still waiting for the day when a new version comes out.

But the sad fact is, there will never be a new version, and any bugs it may have will never be fixed.

The best hope right now is that nullDc or some other emulator turns out to be decent. Either that, or buy a dreamcast.

Chankast has been dead for a long time. No one wanted to admit it, and i'm sure there are a bunch of people still waiting for the day when a new version comes out.

But the sad fact is, there will never be a new version, and any bugs it may have will never be fixed.

The best hope right now is that nullDc or some other emulator turns out to be decent. Either that, or buy a dreamcast.

:P:P:):)

Soo sad, Chankast wasnt tooo far from being an almost perfect emulator, not too close but not that far. Lets us pray for nullDC........................... :thumbsup1:

I once heard that the "next version" will contain the source, maybe folks should hassle them to just release the source already.

Like it was said earlier, there is practically no way to fix the ludicrous number of bugs that Chankast has nor has anyone heard anything from the developers (well, one of them popped up on EmuTalk one fine day, but dissappeared just as quickly).

Chankast is dead and NullDC follows when it's ready. Still, despite Chankasts's flaws it palys many commercial games with good speeds. Just game Project Justice a shot not long ago and it was fabulous. Jet Grind Radio too.

Chankast has been dead for a while and probably won't ever be updated.

In other unfortunate news, nullDC will NOT be open source. At the same time, how many emulators are open source anyways?

It's definitely going to be a shame for fans who were hoping to try to port it to the XBOX and other homebrew compatible devices.

At the same time, how many emulators are open source anyways?

Quite a few actually, it's just that a surprising number of people don't think about whether an emulator is open source until they start wanting ports.