Helpful ads at lycos?

Dear Tripod User,

We would like to advise you of some changes to the way advertising will be displayed on Lycos Tripod UK.

We have entered into a close co-operation with one of the best known and most respected Internet companies in the world, Google.

Google's Advertising network "Google AdWords" is the largest in the world and to improve the way we are displaying our advertising and to present it in a way that visitors to your website will perceive it as additional, valuable content, we will start to show text advertisements from the Google AdWords network.

These text adverts match the content of your page and will not be intrusive or annoying, but are intended to be valuable additional information just like you can find on Google's own site.

As of June 3rd, we will integrate a frame (width: 140 pixels) in the right-hand side of each member page.  This frame will contain sponsored (text only) links that match the content of every page where it is displayed and will be powered by our partner Google.

We're sure you will agree this new venture is mutually beneficial as it allows Lycos to continue to provide you with a superior free service and means that visitors to your website will see relevant ads in non intrusive formats.

We believe these changes are a step in the right direction and hope you continue to enjoy website building with Lycos Tripod.

Your Lycos Tripod Team

I like the wy it says "none intrusive" if you have your screen set at 800 buy 600 [a common one]

And you go on PHP forums you have to scroll all the time left and right to see whats going on.

I belive the pop up adds were just fine.

But like i siad im geraing up to start paying for my service, Then i hope i can get FTP acess iam one of many who cant acess there FTP.

Lycos sent everyone crazy and they did infact "Fu@k" my forum up when they put in the tower add, i had to go to The officiol PHP forums and they told me how to fix it with a couple of command line, not easy for a noobie i can assure you, if i had left them and belived lycoses tower add had not messed up my forums i would be stil sat here today with nO Neocream forums...

Lycos are bad :)