MORTAL KOMBAT!

BlackKnight

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my thoughts

MK2 is my favorite as well. MK1 was pretty good; MK3 and UMK3 were ok. Trillogy was horrible (well, for psx and PC; I haven't played the N64 version).

MK Myth: Sub Zero was...ok. MK4 was an improvement over UMK3, but it felt like it was unfinished. There wasn't enough overall creativity. I mean, c'mon; Meat?!

I didn't play special forces. I eventually bought MK:DA in late '02 and I was bored to death! I haven't played any MK games later than DA.

OMG r u serious?? MK4 is not an IMPROVEMENT over UMK3...its a disgrace compared to it. MK4 shouldnt have been 3D, Mortal Kombat in general wasnt ready for 3D at the time. But this is only my opinion.

MK4 was UMK3 but in 3d. But like he said, it was incomplete. Alot of things that were previously mentioned to be in the game either got cut or removed completely.

OMG r u serious?? MK4 is not an IMPROVEMENT over UMK3...its a disgrace compared to it. MK4 shouldnt have been 3D, Mortal Kombat in general wasnt ready for 3D at the time. But this is only my opinion.

I think it still isnt ready for 3D. The style of games like MK2 is raped in 3d, even now.

Also I cant help but get the feeling the MK team are really crappy 3d modellers and motion capturers... the disparity between the quality of image and movement in Mk and games like Tekken or hell even non-fighting games isnt only noticable... its apalling.

In the interview, they said either take out his back legs, or no Motaro, which one would you rather have!?

How can they be so cocky as to give us an ultimatum like that. They made the game. They made the engine. Is it at all reasonable that the MK team is now unable to introduce a 4-legged character that they created into an engine they designed?

Pure laziness on their part. I cannot believe it would have been such an issue- they did after all recycle an enormous amount of assets (not to mention the virtually unchanged engine itself) for this game and yet still indulged a development period of almost 2 years.

I am disappointed. And yeh Motaro with 2 legs is like a man without his manhood.. strangely the same analogy that sprung to my mind.

Edited by DragonKeeper