MORTAL KOMBAT!

BlackKnight

Heck no, Mortal Kombat 1 sucked, Special Forces sucked, Deadly Alliance sucked, and Mortal Kombat 4 and Gold doesn't even seem like an official MK game.

never played gold.....how is it??

Trilogy for the ps was alright (N64 version cut some stuff out), but the fact that even a beginer can kick your ass by picking the top tier players was kind of something I didn't like to much.

I dont like the N64 version for that and the worst conrtoller for fighting games is the N64 Control!!!! And any begginer can win just by picking scorpion(GET OVER HERE!!) and then an uppercut. And if they cant do that, just keep jumoing and punching :P

Gold is just MK4, with a few more characters added.. big deal.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gold is more or less the Ultimate of MK4. It was better in everyway over 4. Brushing it off like that is like brushing off every street fighter 2 :P

The main problem with playing any MK, especially MK Trilogy, is that the AI is not only extremely fast and cheap, but it also cheats.

I couldnt ever stand being *thrown* out of my sweeps, or being countered perfectly no matter what attacks I threw out.

Like everytime u jump, they jump and attack REALLY quick.....EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!!! And the combos just dont ever stop...even while ur on the ground.

Anyways, the Mk series doesnt Compare to the Street Fighter Series. Especialy since thats where most fighting games adapted that fighting style with the famous "Haduken" Button Combonation

which is(for the ignorant) Down, Forward + Punch

Off Topic: Has Anyone ever played Street Fighter 1??? Ive never seen it. i saw a screenshot recently on a capcom classics collection for PSP but ive never played it. And if so for what system??

Edited by GoRDoOnE

I was an MK nut in my teens - everything revolved around MK. I loved 1 & 2, and UMK3 was decent, especially when you played that game at home. I also didn't mind MK 4. Never gotten into the new ones.

I like MK2 the best.

Anyways, the Mk series doesnt Compare to the Street Fighter Series. Especialy since thats where most fighting games adapted that fighting style with the famous "Haduken" Button Combonation

Off Topic: Has Anyone ever played Street Fighter 1??? Ive never seen it. i saw a screenshot recently on a capcom classics collection for PSP but ive never played it. And if so for what system??

Down, Down-Forward, Forward + Punch duh. But I think the Shoryuken motion is more popular then the Hadoken motion. Down, Forward + Punch is throwing Kabal's fireball :P MK series is primairly a fighter, there for it is comparable to any game within it's genre.

MK is tapping while most other fighters use depressing in certain motions.

SF1 was never released on any console, it was arcade only as far as I know. Way back in 1989 I think was.

Down, Down-Forward, Forward + Punch duh. But I think the Shoryuken motion is more popular then the Hadoken motion. Down, Forward + Punch is throwing Kabal's fireball :P MK series is primairly a fighter, there for it is comparable to any game within it's genre.

MK is tapping while most other fighters use depressing in certain motions.

SF1 was never released on any console, it was arcade only as far as I know. Way back in 1989 I think was.

Saying MK doesnt compare to Street Fighter is a figure of speech. You know, those things which the language is built on? Duh. :afro:

Anyway, wrong SF1 did get 1 home port- it was for the Turbografx / PC-Engine and was erroneously titled 'Fighting Street' as well as 'Fighter Street' depending on the edition. Otherwise the same and a pretty good port. The only difference between it and the arcade version is that you cannot choose which of the 4 countries to go to first. The Japanese arcade version of SF1 is like that aswell, I hear, but Ive never played it.

Here are my thoughts

MK2 is my favorite as well. MK1 was pretty good; MK3 and UMK3 were ok. Trillogy was horrible (well, for psx and PC; I haven't played the N64 version).

MK Myth: Sub Zero was...ok. MK4 was an improvement over UMK3, but it felt like it was unfinished. There wasn't enough overall creativity. I mean, c'mon; Meat?!

I didn't play special forces. I eventually bought MK:DA in late '02 and I was bored to death! I haven't played any MK games later than DA.