Donnie Darko

P.S... the ending = paradox, nothing more or less than that. If you liked that film try Punch Drunk Love and Adaptation.

yeah it is a paradox but its great to think it though and there is a lot more to it than that its all down to donnie, he a hero!

yeah it is a paradox but its great to think it though and there is a lot more to it than that its all down to Donnie, he a hero!

Certainly it is more than just a basic ending, which certainly deserves exploration, but it is fundamentally a paradox, thus probably best used as a great place for people to explore more complex philosophy - this film is a great example of how philosophy can be explored by a quality script and director.

I really do recommend films like Adaptation if you want films that make you think, and dissect... I would also highly recommend something like Heaven or Dirty Pretty Things which are both lovely in their execution yet don't try to solve any issues within there own limited, filmic, boundaries. Thinking slightly more mainstream, Gattaca also manages to raise some very important issues whilst maintaining the integrity of cinema; ham fisted philosophy like Reloaded certainly does not (but that’s probably a whole other debate).

i agree with u there about the matrix it was just to confuse people into believing it it was psudeo philosophy, i would also reccommend total recall for open endings(love that film) Rushmore and vigin suicides as good films. virging suicides is quite open ended

i agree with u there about the matrix it was just to confuse people into believing it was pseudo philosophy, i would also recommend total recall for open endings(love that film) Rushmore and virgin suicides as good films. virgins suicides is quite open ended

Total Recall was OK, but Arnie could have been replaced with a good actor which would have improved it no end. Sharon Stone is at her slutty best though. I have to say that Rushmore is an amazing film - I presume you have seen his latter Tennebaum film; but have you seen bottle rocket. If not I would recommend, just out of personal interest (I once found an entire forum devoted to Wes Andersons films – funny). The Wilson brothers are superb. (I think one of the Owen brothers is in fact his co-writer on some projects).