PSP Games

Just curious. What games do you all have and /or like to play on the go? Also, what are your thoughts on the cost of PSP games etc. at the moment. Personally I think all the ports are too expensive, all though at retail here in Australia prices are dropping. Tekken DR, for example, was only just released and is for sale for $62AUD while most new games are or have been $89.99AUD, with XBOX 360 games going for $100+. Also I'd be interested to know what regions your games are... I've never modded a console before so importing new games is a new thing for me.

Anyway, my games in the order in which I got them are...

Medievil Resurrection (AUS) [R4] - Free with Value Pack

Street Fighter Alpha3 MAX (AUS) [R4] - First game bought... must have kinda thing (plus was only $45 @ KMart here... someone flocked up)

Lumines (US) [R1] - Obligatory puzzle game.. was on sale for $15AUD (absolutely nothing)... also the US version at retail

Metal Gear Acid 2 (EU) [R2] - Got hooked on the hype for it... decent enough but not great- UK version retails in AUS

Tekken Dark Resurrection (AS-EN) [R3] - Another must have... Asian English version import.. also because the release was some months before the domestic one

Darkstalkers Chronicle (AUS) [R4] - On sale... nostalgia sake purchase

Wipeout Pure (US) [R1] - eBayed for 99c + $2 shipping... pretty polished.. didnt notice any of the supposed frame rate issues

Puyo Pop Fever (AUS) [R4] - Gift... I have a thing for Puyo Pop

Marvel Nemesis (AUS) [R4] - Gift... Utter sh!t

Guilty Gear Judgment (JP) [R2] - Mainly for Slash.. unsure as to whether it was worth importing.. but still was cheaper than the one with #Reload is here at retail

So yah I just realised I have a lot of games but I really only payed full price for MGA2, Wipeout was less than my train ticket to uni and a lot of the imports came a lot cheaper than they would have been to buy off the shelf. Either way recent events have made me unsure if I'll actually be buying another PSP game... so this seemed like a good time to list them all down.

Anyone else want to share theirs?

Edited by DragonKeeper

I'm hooked on Burnout right now. Love that game. You can just pick it up and play for 5-10 minutes, or play for hours.

I'll probably play Tekken next.

I'm looking forward to Silent Hill though. I can't wait to play it, it looks great.

Owned before/owned now/ played before:

SFA3Max - Nothing is going to make me sell this one

Tekken DR - NOTHING is GONNA MAKE ME SELL THIS ONE!

Monster Hunter Freedom - You get tired of it if you play alone. But the

game is quite interesting and not your average RPG

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth - I must say this is the best RPG on PSP

right now. Insteresting plot ( the storyline are all dark and moody, no cheerful stories here),

interesting characters, quite good graphics (what do you expect from Square Enix?),

UNIQUE Gameplay and battles, great BGM and sound effects. A Must Have!

DJ Max Portable - Great music game from Pentavision. The OST in the game is the big plus here,

ranging from hip-hop to K-Pop.

Taiko Drum Master - Japan version only. Great music game too with killer mini games.

Ridge Racer - Graphically good, but will get bored due to few options

available.

Samurai warriors / Dynasty Warriors - Both are hack n slash games

but one can only stomach much slashing after a while. Samurai Warriors

are way better than Dynasty Warriors though in term of gameplay.

Me and My katamari - Funny, in a weird sense and great gameplay but

will get repetitive due to limited maps. controls are not good on PSP

too.

Megaman Powered Up - Another good game from Capcom. Remake

of Megaman 1 from NES, with chibi-ish graphic and additional villians

and stages, and new weapons. A Map editor is another plus.

Shutokou Battle: Zone of Control / Street Supremacy

- fans of the original will cringe at this one. Don't bother with this.

Rengoku - DO NOT BUY THIS EVER. THE MOST BORING GAME ON PSP

Coded Arms - Nice concept, but repetitive mosters, dull graphics, uninspired

maps are bogging this FPS.

Bleach HTS 1 & 2 - Don't bother with this 3D fighting game wannabe.

Only for Bleach HARDCORE fans.

Bleach HTS 3 - A better game of the series. More characters playable,

more stages, more gameplay options. Unfortunately, limited combos

and fighting system still bog this game down ( a gem or two still can be found

though)

Syphon Filter : Dark Mirror

- another MUST HAVE game for those that love Socom/Half-Life/any FPS/3rd

person perspective game. Interesting gameplay, great controls, great graphics

make this a must have.

WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2006

- the only wrestling game on PSP. A must have for wrestling fans but loading time is

too long. Hopefully, this is rectified in the next version.

Kingdom Of Paradise

- an okay RPG with interesting storyline and characters. Good fighting system where you can

compile your own martial arts style. Not much variety in term of monsters to fight though.

GTA: Liberty City Stories

- achievement in term of techology wise when Rockstar manages to fit the whole GTA3 city

into a UMD and did not take out anything from the game. Loading is kep at minimal, draw

distance is even better than those on PS2.

GGXX #Reload

- Great fighting game with great controls. However, Judgement is even better with Slash :lol:

I mostly import games from PlayAsia due to:

- cheaper Asia version (which has English option too), cheaper than shelf price

- free shipping :punk:

Upcoming games that looked forward to:

Pro Evolution Soccer new version. Old version sucks, no Master league. hopefully, the new

version will rectify that

GTA: Vice City Stories. Nuff said

Metal Gear Portable Ops

WWE SVR2007

Not much games to look forward to now.

Im currently looking forward to MGS Portable Ops aswell.. the latest trailer really sold me on that.

I feel compelled to pick up the new Silent Hill whenever its released and also Metal Slug Anthology- it has Metal Slug 6 in it and Ive never had a chance to play that. Also... umm... damn there arent too many good PSP games on the horizon are there?

Anyway if those games are 2.8+ itl break my heart for now. MGS is almost certainly, but that Metal Slug collection might slip in at 2.71... heres hoping anyway.

Im currently looking forward to MGS Portable Ops aswell.. the latest trailer really sold me on that.

I feel compelled to pick up the new Silent Hill whenever its released and also Metal Slug Anthology- it has Metal Slug 6 in it and Ive never had a chance to play that. Also... umm... damn there arent too many good PSP games on the horizon are there?

Anyway if those games are 2.8+ itl break my heart for now. MGS is almost certainly, but that Metal Slug collection might slip in at 2.71... heres hoping anyway.

I forget about Metal Slug Collection. It has Metal SLug 6, which I can;t find anywhere in the arcade here too.

I am taking a "wait and see" approach for Silent Hill. It looked great, but I was never quite fond on SIlent Hill series. THe movie did help to make me interested in wanting to try out the game though.

I have a bunch of games but to tell you the truth my gems are these

SFA3Max

Taiko Drum Master

Tekken DR

field commander

lumines

burnout

these I play and replay and Taiko never leaves my side. I would like to have streetfighter by my side more often but it not as fun by your self and not many around me have it or are into it. But by far it is my fighting game of choice. Tekken does the job for now because it’s got the game sharing and loads quick. Ahhh soul caliber you know it’s coming. This is what I’m currently playing

Spectral Souls

This is good. I didn’t like it at first and the story and load times hurt a lot. But stick with it. It’s good. I love srpgs. And this one is good. At first I thought it was way too complicated but after three battles you get the mechanics of the fights and what to do. After that like any srpg you get into the power up and destroy all in my path mode. Disgaea will be good. I think this is the best type of game for a portable system. Now if it where only two player.

I forget about Metal Slug Collection. It has Metal SLug 6, which I can;t find anywhere in the arcade here too.

I am taking a "wait and see" approach for Silent Hill. It looked great, but I was never quite fond on SIlent Hill series. THe movie did help to make me interested in wanting to try out the game though.

Im the opposite- Ive been a big Silent Hill fan since the beginning but my enthusiasm for it has been waning recently... SH4 and the film didnt do much to renew my affections for the series. Ill get Origins but Im not sure the PSP is a great vehicle for an atmospheric horror game.

Oh well.. whats the alternative? Buy a PS3? Psshh.