spyware

noob

Hey can you get spyware or any kind of virus from browsing the web on you ds/wii/psp?

Just curious

I don't believe this is possible since these systems don't store browser data like PCs do. Spyware works by saving files or secretly installing files onto your computer. It can even modify registry entrys in Windows. These video game systems don't have anywhere for spyware or viruses to "download" themselves to so you should be safe from these kinds of things. I also don't think that anyone would be twisted enough to make a virus for any internet capable video game system. That would just be messed up.

Hey can you get spyware or any kind of virus from browsing the web on you ds/wii/psp?

Just curious

I don't believe this is possible since these systems don't store browser data like PCs do. Spyware works by saving files or secretly installing files onto your computer. It can even modify registry entrys in Windows. These video game systems don't have anywhere for spyware or viruses to "download" themselves to so you should be safe from these kinds of things. I also don't think that anyone would be twisted enough to make a virus for any internet capable video game system. That would just be messed up.

I believe that there are definately people that twisted in this world -_-

Just curious

Can't happen. Maybe someday but as for now.....no way.

Just curious

Thats the point of a virus, to be MESSED UP not nice. :)

Maybe its just me, but i see viruses for the PSP coming VERY VERY SOON!!!!!! :)