DevHook for 2.71

BlackKnight

Afterward, copy Devhook (devlauncher271.rar) onto the memory stick and get the decrypted 1.5 files from somewhere (if you need them PM me). Place them in ms:\dh\150\

Could i pleas have these files or where can i get then from???? :o

PSP-Hacks has the files you need: http://www.psp-hacks.com/category/37

Sorry i am a noob at this, i went to the web site and was confused, could you please explain it a little better as to which one or which dumper i download? im so worried abot bricking my psp. :D

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will i brick my psp?

Nope. DevHook does not write to your PSP's flash, so there is no chance of bricking if you use it normally. The only time you really have to worry about bricking is when you are downgrading or installing a custom firmware or firmware mod.

here is one for you, i am running 2.71 on a TA-082 and installed henc and ran devhook for 2.71 i chose fw 1.5 and it rebooted fine, i then selected umd emulator and choose my iso i wanted to play, it was brothers in arms, It then said i had to update my virsion to 2.81 to play, should i do this to play and after i played it, do a hard reboot, will my psp be back to 2.71 or will it remain 2.81 ? :o

Edited by pockchow

here is one for you, i am running 2.71 on a TA-082 and installed henc and ran devhook for 2.71 i chose fw 1.5 and it rebooted fine, i then selected umd emulator and choose my iso i wanted to play, it was brothers in arms, It then said i had to update my version to 2.81 to play, should i do this to play and after i played it, do a hard reboot, will my psp be back to 2.71 or will it remain 2.81 ? :-)

First, do NOT update to 2.81. I'm not sure what would happen, and it might put your PSP in danger of bricking. Second, if you are using DevHook, you do not need UMD Emulator. In fact, I recommend getting rid of it, as DevHook has better ISO compatibility anyway. Now, to get any UMD ISO to work that requires a 2.xx (2.xx = 2.00, 2.01, 2.50, 2.60, 2.71, 2.80, 2.81) firmware, you must have any 2.xx firmware installed for DevHook. You can download a Windows application that will install 2.60 for DevHook onto your PSP HERE. After you install that, or any other 2.xx firmware, load up DevHook. For the firmware, select the 2.xx firmware you installed (2.60). For the UMD Select, choose your ISO (Brothers in Arms) which should be placed under X:\ISO (where X: is your PSP's drive letter). Then make sure the setting "2.xx -> 2.00" is on. That will make it so any UMD that requires a firmware that requires 2.xx will only require 2.00. Thus, Brothers in Arms will only require 2.00 instead of 2.81. Finally, hit Start to load up DevHook and load your ISO just like you would load a real UMD.

One last word of advice, you may want to update your HEN-C to HEN-D. :o

Afterward, copy Devhook (devlauncher271.rar) onto the memory stick and get the decrypted 1.5 files from somewhere (if you need them PM me). Place them in ms:\dh\150\

Could i pleas have these files or where can i get then from???? :o

PSP-Hacks has the files you need: http://www.psp-hacks.com/category/37

WOW you are a freak at this, but i noticed you mentioned install 2.6 firmware, i am currently on 2.71

WOW you are a freak at this, but i noticed you mentioned install 2.6 firmware, i am currently on 2.71

When I mentioned installing 2.60, I meant installing it for DevHook, not for the system firmware. This file will install firmware 2.60 for DevHook (ex: so you can emulate 2.60 with DevHook)

ok i downoaded the link you gave me and installed, i followed the instructions as you told me and it restarted with a different background saying psp hacks, but the game will not load. I noticed in the fw version in devhook it only went up to 2.71 does that matter?. thanks for you time so far im sorry i suck at this but please bare with me.

The fact that it only goes up to 2.71 only means that your version of DevHook only supports firmwares 1.50 through 2.71, and nothing above, to be emulated. If you enabled the "2.xx -> 2.00" option and selected 2.60 as your firmware to be emulated, I do not know why the game would not load. :) You know, downgrading is another option for you. If you did, you could then update to 3.03 OE-A, which is a lot easier to run UMD ISOs from. Also, it has support for PSX ISOs, so I'd look in to downgrading if I were you. If you do, however, make sure you know whether you have a TA-082 PSP by looking at this picture, as it will affect which downgrader you use. Contact me for more help.