DevHook for 2.71

BlackKnight

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its for 2.71 PSPs if you have one- lets you emulate 1.5 on it.

First download the Homebrew Enabler [Revision B] (hen_b.rar) from that link and copy it to your PSP. Then goto the Photo Menu and run HEN like you would with any of the recent TIFF exploits. If it works, the screen will turn blue, then green, then the PSP will reboot.

Afterward, copy Devhook (devlauncher271.rar) onto the memory stick and get the decrypted 1.5 files from somewhere (if you need them PM me). Place them in ms:\dh\150\

Then all you need to do is go to the Game menu on the XMB and run Devhook 4.X for 2.71. It should open and then you can just choose 1.5 or any other firmware to run and itl stay that way till you reboot, just like the old Devhook.

On a side note, since 1.5 is being emulated, the 9mb or so firmware that resides in ram steals the memory from other stuff. Iv found PSPgenesis and other emulators actually run *faster* using the eLoader for 2.71. However, it is still a real copy of 1.5 for all intents and purposes, and ALL homebrew runs on it. Compatibility is far and away better than any eLoader out now.

Edited by DragonKeeper

Sweet. THis came out just in time, too. This kid at school wants me to pimp his PSP :D but he can't get GTA for the eLoader to work, and he didn't want to risk the downgrade. Now I can just do this. But is the loos of speed really noticeable? :clapping: Do the emulated games still run at or near full speed?

Well, no, they dont.

Master Systerm, Game boy Colour etc *maybe*

Dgen and Snes9xTYL DEFINATELY DO NOT run close to full speed. It is very noticable and disappointing- PSPGenesis in the 2.71 eLoader runs faster than it does on emulated 1.5.

The trade off is that hardly anything works with the eLoader, but EVERYthing works on 1.5 this way.

EDIT- This is NOT true. The reason is when emulating you are locking the clock to 222mhz. If you specificy 333/166 under cpu clock in Devhook when emulating, everything runs fine. Mega drive and SNES are FULL SPEED!!! I just found this out now on another forum XD. I dont know however what consequences there are for running Devhook at the higher clock apart from the obvious lessening of battery life.

Edited by DragonKeeper

Well, no, they dont.

Master Systerm, Game boy Colour etc *maybe*

Dgen and Snes9xTYL DEFINATELY DO NOT run close to full speed. It is very noticable and disappointing- PSPGenesis in the 2.71 eLoader runs faster than it does on emulated 1.5.

The trade off is that hardly anything works with the eLoader, but EVERYthing works on 1.5 this way.

EDIT- This is NOT true. The reason is when emulating you are locking the clock to 222mhz. If you specificy 333/166 under cpu clock in Devhook when emulating, everything runs fine. Mega drive and SNES are FULL SPEED!!! I just found this out now on another forum XD. I dont know however what consequences there are for running Devhook at the higher clock apart from the obvious lessening of battery life.

You really just found out about clock speed NOW? :shootem: If you've used DevHook for... er... "backups" of your UMD's, you'd know that 333Mhz is the way to go. :( But thanks for the info, you've just made my job a helluva lot easier!

You really just found out about clock speed NOW? :shootem: If you've used DevHook for... er... "backups" of your UMD's, you'd know that 333Mhz is the way to go. :( But thanks for the info, you've just made my job a helluva lot easier!

I've never had the chance to use DevHook before, so no. Since most homebrew allows you to set the clock speed, it didn't occur to me that DevHook was capping everything at 222. eLoaders never imposed this cap, so I thought there was some bug with the emulation or something.

I'm just stoked that this PSP is now 1.50 compatible with everything.

Edited by DragonKeeper

DevHook for 2.71 has been UPDATED with Flash support! :(

Dark_AleX has updated his DevHook Launcher for firmware 2.71 to include flash support. This option allows users to write certain chunks of the emulated firmware to flash, thus faster access times whilst in DevHook! This may potentially be dangerous and should be used with caution.

Quoted from the readme:

Note: i’ve hacked msreboot.bin in this version to have support of direct flash in 2.71. However you cannot have direct flash 2.71 and 2.71 emulation at the same time (the emulation of the rest of firmwares is not affected by this).

If for some reason you prefer emulate 2.71 in your 2.71 instead of the direct flash thing, just go to the folder dh/kd in the root, and rename msreboot.bin to something else, and msreboot_original.bin to msreboot.bin

Again — if you haven’t a clue, I suggest not using this. Otherwise — good luck!

For more details, read here.

Download: DevHook Launcher for 2.71 w/ Flash Support

- source: dax

THis will be very fun to use. I can't wait! :shootem:

Im confused as to what part of using DevHook needs to be faster... and the chance of bricking, remote as it may be, doesnt seem worth the risk.

Is there anything you cant do without flashing?

No, but as it says, access times are faster. :shootem: Oh, and I hope you realize eLoader has a setting for clockspeed, too. :( Wouldn't want you to keep floundering along at 222Mhz! And I've decided to just use the eLoader on my friend's PSP. Unlike the HEN rB + DevHook, it works every time. Also, it is compatible with just about everything he needs. Only one problem: GBA emulator. I guess gpSP v0.7 does not work with eLoader. :punk:

No, but as it says, access times are faster. :shootem: Oh, and I hope you realize eLoader has a setting for clockspeed, too. :( Wouldn't want you to keep floundering along at 222Mhz! And I've decided to just use the eLoader on my friend's PSP. Unlike the HEN rB + DevHook, it works every time. Also, it is compatible with just about everything he needs. Only one problem: GBA emulator. I guess gpSP v0.7 does not work with eLoader. :punk:

Are you using the second version of HEN B ? It is updated to work with the 1.1 of the tiff exploit sdk... so runs jsut as often as eLoader. Plus you can just do it once and then sleep the PSP.