Need some help.My xbox keeps resetting itself.

SF2MJ

The last thing i did was transfer some trainers into the trainers folder in my xbox HDD.

Then when i turned off my xbox to refresh the trainer list.....i found that my xbox keeps resetting itself.It will load up the xbox logo then as it's about to load the evox dash....it then turns itself off then back on again.

Going round and round in a loop and resetting itself.

What could be wrong?.

I just found out if i put a game into the drive just as it's starting up i can play a game.But as soon as i take out the disc and it tries to go back to the evox dash....it reboots itself all over again.

I think some of the trainers i put it might have been corrupt in some way.

Is their a way to get into my xbox hdd without having the evox dash running?.Maybe if i delete the trainers that will help.But i need to get into my xbox hdd without turning on my dash.

Edited by SF2MJ

You can burn a disc with a dash on it that supports ftp. This would allow you to examine your hdd and figure out what is wrong with it. I'm thinking something is wrong with the dash you're running atm.

I have evox 2.6 on a dvd-r.

But the it's only an installer disc.

It has an option in there to upgrade e and c drives....i was just wondering by doing that will it still allow me to keep all my saved games i have on the hard drive in f drive.

Nevermind i had to format my whole HDD.I couldn't even access my HDD with an evox boot disc.It still kept resetting.So i just formatted the whole HDD...and now everything is working again.

I am never downloading a trainer ever again!!.

I am positive the trainer folder had a virus in it.Since all this started after i installed it.Serves me right for cheating :D.

Thank god i always backup my files for my xbox, emulators,games etc.

• 5 weeks later...

Latest XBMC has Xored integrated into the dash. It's no longer picky with what bios or mod you have. I've tested it on hardmods, softmods and numerous bios's. It's pretty slick too, you get a list of cheats to enable and a little diamond that tells you if the cheat is enabled.