Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Haldrie

I just heard about this so i gotta know.....

Are you allowed to self-evolve? Or does that seem a little redudnent when theyre trying to do something new?

whoops! skiped page 2..^^

Maybe should do a legit review on this game. Im going to look it up myself. I thought it was dumb right when i saw the little gay aligator in the commercal, but now...YOSHA!!!

Edited by Shoma

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was dumb right when i saw the little gay aligator in the commercal, but now...YOSHA!!!

How DARE you insult totodile you BASTARD.

Hey now, let's not turn this into an argument.

I decided to got to Gamespot.com to see what they had to say about these games and to get a little more information. First it seems that Gamefreak has nothing to do with this game. Instead Nintendo went with a company called ChunSoft who apparently are infamous for their "Mystery Dungeon" games, which according to the reviews, are not really good.

Red got a 5.4 and Blue got a 5.2 (mediocre for both) average rating by Gamespot. Player ratings very drasticlly depending on the voter. This apparently is due to the fact that these games are nothing more then "dugeon hacks" with some Pokemon stuff added to it. Before I go any further just know that I am stating this based on the Gamespot reviews and not my own opinion. I will however admit that I do find the game to be a bit tedious and repetitive but the story (and the fact that it's a Pokemon game) is what keeps me playing.

Many of you I'm sure have been wondering what the difference is between the Red and Blue versions of the game since they are different systems. The fact is that graphics wise there is no difference whatsoever for the DS version. The bottom screen shows everything that the GBA screen shows and it uses the top screen to show map locations and party stats depending on your location.

You can find the gamespot review pages here:

Red Rescue Team (GBA)

Blue Rescue Team (NDS)

I would post more information myself but my thoughts clash greatly with that of Gamespot's review staff so I'll just let you read it for yourself and make your own opinion about it. You can find in-game videos and player reviews as well as Gamespot's main review by clicking on the above links.

[EDIT]

I finally got the Blue Rescue Team rom that I have working on a DS emulator. As I said above there is no real difference between it and Red Rescue Team exept for the fact that Blue shows some extra stuff on the top screen, like location maps and party info, and it allows you to use the touch screen to make menu selections and scroll through speeches by touching the screen in the appropriate areas. Gameplay graphics and everything else are exactly like Red so it really all depends on what system you prefer to play on.

Edited by Haldrie

• 3 months later...

Well so far the Nintendo DS emulators still have not been perfected so you won't really be able to play Blue Rescue Team but Red Rescue Team is for the GBA and the best emulator for that system is VisualBoy Advance. You can download it here:

http://vba.ngemu.com/

They haven't updated the official version in a while but since it's an open source emulator there have been many 3rd-party versions such as vba-link which let's you link two games together much like on of the old Gameboy Color emulators did.

Now as far as being able to play the game you will need what is know as the rom which is a file that contains all of the data that is on the chip in the actual cartriges. You can either "rip" the cartrige yourself or download it from the internet. However due to the rules of this forum I cannot give you any links to the roms so I'm afraid you're on you're own there.

• 3 months later...
does anyone know if uou can play any of these Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games on a emulator on the PC?

if you do, does any one have a download link? :clapping:

donload here: *** Removed ***

change the languange to English(if u want)

click ROM LIST link

just use search to save time!

Do not post links to roms

Edited by Robert