Nintendo Wii or PS3?

GodPigeon

lets forget xbox360 for a moment...

i was watching the nintendo wii advertisement, promoting the various games coming out for the wii (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AULgEKabQ80) and i must say that it look very, VERY impresive...

heres another clip for e3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP9Vi...elated&search=)

i always supported the playstation because of its core machine and some fantastic games as well and was thinking of getting the ps3 when its out.

however, after watching the clip, i must way that the nintendo wii is so freaking cool.... the games are just out of this world. who would make a game on cooking skills?? who? yeah, the japanese.

what im saying is that the wii looks more like "money well spent".

Wii all the way. NEVER EVER EVER will I pay over $300 for ANY console. Only once have I ever done it, and I sooooo regretted doing so (The 3DO). The only other time I've spent over $200 was on my Gamecube.

I'll be waiting for a sub $200 price on the Wii, and I'll buy a PS3 after it flops......

I'll probably wait until the ps3 can play "backup" copies of games. If it ever does. But there is no way i'll buy another Nintendo system, unless by some miracle, the wii becomes the most popular console and all the good games come out for it. (I wouldn't hold my breath though)

iim getting a wii but still sticking with the ps3 but im fearing the ps3 may go the way of the beta max or minidisc or what ever weird format sony deems will change the world. why couldnt all the companies just stick with dvd format for now ultra cheap media and caple of holding mass amounts of data, with decent load times. sigh not that i need it but the wii still cant play back dvds what is nintendos prob with this, but at least the wii is gonna come with cables and a game which hasnt been done with the launch of a new console in a while.

You shouldn't have taken 360 out of the topic..., but since I already have one, Wii, the ps3 can rot in hell until the good games are out for it and the system is the same price of the Wii.

Hate @ Blu-Ray and game costs.

What is with Nintendo on not providing DVD playback? I'll tell you what.......

The liscencing fee to the DVD Consortium is what. Add DVD Playback to the Wii and I'd bet on a $25 increase in price per unit due to a multi-million dollar liscencing fee for use on the Wii ONLY. This is one of the reasons it wasn't available on the Gamecube and a proprietary media was used. Then you can add another $25 per unit for hardware capability (This includes an on-die decoder and whatever software is necessary in the Wii firmware/frontend). So instead of a $249.99 console, you have a $279.99 console most likely (Maybe even $299.99)

The Wii 12cm disc will also be proprietary in nature. Filesystem etc just like that of the Cube.

Even software developers using "DVD Media" for games on the 360 have to pay a royalty to the DVD Consortium. Can you guess half the reason Wii titles will be that much cheaper than 360 titles? I bet you can..........

What is with Nintendo on not providing DVD playback? I'll tell you what.......

The liscencing fee to the DVD Consortium is what. Add DVD Playback to the Wii and I'd bet on a $25 increase in price per unit due to a multi-million dollar liscencing fee for use on the Wii ONLY. This is one of the reasons it wasn't available on the Gamecube and a proprietary media was used. Then you can add another $25 per unit for hardware capability (This includes an on-die decoder and whatever software is necessary in the Wii firmware/frontend). So instead of a $249.99 console, you have a $279.99 console most likely (Maybe even $299.99)

The Wii 12cm disc will also be proprietary in nature. Filesystem etc just like that of the Cube.

Even software developers using "DVD Media" for games on the 360 have to pay a royalty to the DVD Consortium. Can you guess half the reason Wii titles will be that much cheaper than 360 titles? I bet you can..........

Wow, didn't know that.