We were all there once....

GodPigeon

Here is my attempt at forum on topicness.

In 6th grade (2001) a friend of mine lend me a cd labled "GBC". He told me to start the program, press open, and browse into a folder called "games", that from that point I'll understand the rest, and I did. Off course, after a month or two I get really tired of playing the same games over and over again.

So I stoped caring about stuff like emulation for a while, until I saw someone play gba in computer class 9th grade year, and that's when I actually started to look for different emulaters and rom files. I ended up finding this site half way through my journey.

The rest is in the forums history, my outbrakes, my rom request is still in here, and I still consider myself a newb.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, actually I don't mind Shoma's antics, it, ah, adds a bit of life to the thread. :P

Even though I know flock-all about baseball.

As for my early days of emulation... back in the BBS days a number of us would grab the best DOS games (that's why I have so many of them), and along came a Galaga game that looked just like the real thing.

Years later I had another look at this Galaga and discovered it was a mame emulator, version 0.21. By then we had the internet at work so I started downloading roms and joined a forum in Jan 2004. Eight months later I got internet at home and finally I could indulge this new hobby.

Man, Galaga is great. Why is it that I'm drawn to retro games so much? It's going to be a shock when we're older and we tell our children the games we used to play.... they'll look at us like were on our way to being completely senile.

Hah, show them Space Invaders and they would certainly think that.

The version of Galaga I received (galagabl) was removed from later versions of Mame. You can tell it's different because it says 1982 rather than the usual 1981. So therefore I have a unique set.