We were all there once....

GodPigeon

For some reason, everytime a noob says something dumb/funny in the forum it makes me just wanna yell EffInn NOOB. But then i remember how it was when i was a noob, I was welcomed harshly by ****** and ********(you should know who you are) I was wondering do you remember how it was when you were a noob to Emulation or 1Emu because even Gamecop was in level 1 once......

Edited by GoRDoOnE

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How so? In the emulation scene in general?

For me, I use to delate 40 MB roms just because I thought they were bad roms, turns out I didnt have neogeo.zip. And this was back then when I had dial-up.

Now you've got it all WRONG. Horribly WRONG. Theres a "Newb" and then theres a "Noob".

A "Newb" doesn't demand things, and takes the time to look things up. They'll google for an emulator for the system they are interested in, and then if they can't get a game to work.........they'll ask why, and what games do work.

A "Noob" will demand to know if theres an emulator for a specific system without even bothering to look himself, and then proceed to ask why the emulator they were told "ONLY RUNS HOMEBREW" won't play their games that just hit retail shelves.

Newbs are k, Noobs suck fierce ass.

ive been into emulation since 5th or 6th grade, when really all that worked well (I think, not totally sure) was NES, SNES, and i think Genesis, damn was everyone jealous of my emulation powers :D (my school had a laptop program where all the students bought their own laptops)

i remember old sites like Vimms Lair and everything, i dont think i was ever really a n00b because emulating SNES/NES/Genesis was pretty simple, open up the emu, open up the rom

i wasnt that into P2P yet though, mostly just Kazaa, Audio Galaxy (lol anyone remember that?) Napster, and i think eMule, so i guess i was a n00b at finding roms, i would be searching all over the internet :clapping:

When I first came to 1emulation, I was lurking around Arcade@home looking for N64 and PSX Isos. I found a topic made by Gamecop that he made some extreme link program. So I went over to 1emu and got it. Being young and fresh to the emulation scene, I've wanted to become part of a community, and since 1emulation was just starting out, I figured I would join it. My newbish days consisted of me posting PSX isos and trying to make the place a little active with my bad spelling and Newbness. That's pretty much it.

My newbness started a few years ago when Diso introduced me to this site. I didn't even know what half the emu stuff that I know now was back then. I just posted a lot of questions, still do sometimes when help is needed. Good answers always came from this site, well, most of the time. Either way, I'm still kinda a newb because I'm not as into emulation as everyone else here so i lack some of the knowledge.

My noob days started on a certain (shall remain nameless) rom site's forum, and i had to ask what "lol" and "rofl" meant.

I discovered 1emu after i'd gotten sick of being killed all the time at a@h (their fas sucks), and somebody mentioned 1emu, so over I came, and joined just 3 days after the attack system was created. What timing!