Resident Evil 2 help Sound glitches, and cant pass one video because it always freezes

livelovedie

Im pretty new to this so i guess im a noob :rolleyes:

and since im a noob of course i need help

ive been playing resident evil 2, on pj 64 version 1.6

and ive got a brand new lenovo laptop, dont know what kind of video card i got in it, but

whenever they talk it gets messed up, the option menu is messed, and in leons profile when i find ben, the guy in the jail cell, it freezes in the conversation so i cant get past that part T_T

i know some of these are common known issues but im not sure what to do, any help would be apreacheated.

If it's a laptop, you have an integrated graphics chip, which is nothing but trouble as far as emulation is concerned. Now, the only graphics plugin that might work for you is Jabo's Direct3D6 plugin. However, Resident Evil 2 is seriously bugged in Project 64 1.6, both in terms of video and audio.

The only way to get it working better is to use Glide64 graphics plugin coupled with either Hactarux's or Zenkenzach's Glide wrapper for video, and Azimer Audio WIP2 (or so I hear) for audio.

Even at that, this poses a problem for you since the Glide64 plugin needs a good and fast video card to work correctly (meaning that you won't get it to work properly with an integrated graphics chip).

Final advice: Play the game on the PSX. The PSX version is much better emulated and it will take a good while until the developers get the N64 version running properly.

• 1 month later...
The only way to get it working better is to use Glide64 graphics plugin coupled with either Hactarux's or Zenkenzach's Glide wrapper for video

Actually, Zeckensack's wrapper is the only one that does depth buffer writes correctly for RE2. Hacktarux's wrapper doesn't have these implemented correctly and hardware rendered depth buffers (which is needed for the game to work correctly with HWFBE). Currently, depth buffers writes in the wrapper are done in software, which is slow, but hopefully this might change.

• 1 year later...
Im pretty new to this so i guess im a noob :D

and since im a noob of course i need help

ive been playing resident evil 2, on pj 64 version 1.6

and ive got a brand new lenovo laptop, dont know what kind of video card i got in it, but

whenever they talk it gets messed up, the option menu is messed, and in leons profile when i find ben, the guy in the jail cell, it freezes in the conversation so i cant get past that part T_T

i know some of these are common known issues but im not sure what to do, any help would be apreacheated.

I actully found a download with multiple different RE:2 ROM's with PJ 641.6

The more enhanced one doesn't freeze, and has more cheats, but the FPS is worse.

If you have like AIM or something, send me a IM to ChaosProtecter, then i would give you the rom for it if you want.

Please do not offer people roms on a public board, even if you didn't directly link to said roms.

Staying on topic, you'll get a lot better RE2 experience by sticking with the PSX version. The N64 version is not only crippled by the N64's own hardware (tech side of things sucks hard), but also because no emulator regardless of plugins emulates the game right.