eLoader “Porter” 0.9.8 Released

Mooney

Another glorious day in the homebrew community with the latest release of eLoader v0.9.8, code-named “Porter.” Mmmm porter…

Written by the gifted developers of “Noobz,” Porter (eLoader v0.9.8) brings user-mode homebrew to FW 2.0 - 2.60 without the need for Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. As quoted from the README:

This program builds on the work done by Saotome to load homebrew EBOOT.PBPs into PSPs with v2.00-v2.60 firmware, using the TIFF exploit, or on v2.00, v2.01, 2.5 and 2.6 using the GTA exploit.

It currently cannot run all known homebrew, but it uses a number of tricks to get substantially further than ever before.

Known limitations are:

- Can’t run kernel-mode applications.

That means anything that emulates ISOs/UMDs.

- Some minor system calls are still unsupported

And what does the future of eLoader hold? (currently in development):

A user-mode loader for v2.70 and v2.71.

A user-mode loader for v2.80.

A loader to support kernel-mode homebrew on those platforms where it is possible.

A way to do away with eLoader altogether, and load homebrew directly from the XMB.

In the meantime, sip your smuttynose & enjoy this fine release!

Download:

eLoader "Porter" v0.9.8 (zip file)

eLoader "Porter" v0.9.8 (Windows installer)

- source: noobz

Sorry, DragonKeeper, not for 2.71 yet. :shootem:

Hah cheers for remembering. I figure it wont be long now. But all the talk of emulators not working is kinda scaring me- I thought the compatibility list would be more or less identical to that of the 2.5/6 GTA loader.

I really only want this for DGEN 1.70... so fingers crossed they sort that out by the time they release the 2.7x version... and hopefully thatll be in the next day or so.