Game recommendations?

ken_cinder

Given that I already know the PS2 has a large game library, and I have played some of the more well known titles, I'd appreciate some suggestions on worthwhile PS2 titles.

No fighting games please, I already have a couple and I'm not interested in playing any others. Racing games are also worth skipping, it's probably one of my favourite genres and I don't like arcade racers so the pickings are rather slim (And well known).

I like RPGs, but I already know all the big name titles. If you're going to throw an RPG at me, give me something not all too "Big Name" that isn't a POS.

I don't know what exactly do you consider "big name" games, so I'll just throw some of my favorites here.

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne/Lucifer's Call

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1/2 (both actually, since you need to play both to get through the entire story.

Dark Chronicle

Makai Kingdom: Chronicles of the Sacred Tome (Phantom Kingdom in the US, IIRC.)

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King

We Love Katamari

La Pucelle: Tactics

Fatal Frame

Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly

Fatal Frame III: The Tormented

Shadow Hearts

Shadow Hearts: Covenant (Shadow Hearts II)

Shadow Hearts: From the New World

Wild Arms 3/4

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

Zone of the Enders: 2nd Runner

Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana

Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny

Any Tales game you can get your hands on.

MLB 06

Madden 07

SOCOM navy seals III

Katamari

MGS 3 Snake Eater(Highly Recommend it!!!)

The thing to play online with (for some of the games i've listed)

Twisted Metal Black Online(if thats not considered racing)

Chrono Cross(yes its PS1 but still)

Kingdom Hearts 1+2

Dragon Quest

Final Fantasy 10(excellent IMO ive beaten it 1000 times maybe more =/ )

Shadow of the colossus!!!!

Guitar Hero

All of the splinter cells!!

Okami(once it comes out)

Well I'd consider Big Name in the realm of RPGs to be stuff like the Final Fantasy games, Jade Cocoon 2, Kingdom Hearts. They're well known titles next to alot of other stuff.

Zone of Enders was the first game I ever played on the PS2, back when it came out. Is 2nd Runner a better game?

Well I'd consider Big Name in the realm of RPGs to be stuff like the Final Fantasy games, Jade Cocoon 2, Kingdom Hearts. They're well known titles next to alot of other stuff.

Zone of Enders was the first game I ever played on the PS2, back when it came out. Is 2nd Runner a better game?

God yes it is.

Also, these lists need more Disgaea.

God yes it is.

God very yes. Although the first isn't that bad either. ZOE2 just has more meat around its bones. Boss battles are still flocking awesome.

But yeah, anything from Nippon Ichi is welcome (Disgaea, Disgaea, Makai Kingdom, La Pucelle and Phantom Brave, although PB is hard).

The Shin Megami Tensei games just don't look like my thing. I can't stand cell shaded stuff, let alone anime themed stuff.

ssj9vegeto0 I just got Shadow of The Collosus, and it's pretty damn good (Good looking too) but the lack of fighting anything but Collosi makes the game sort of boring otherwise.......it's needs minions!

FYI I have an Xbox and a Gamecube, and I don't do online gameplay........so anything thats available on either is almost always graphically superior to the PS2. Namely the Splinter Cell series which I have all of them for Xbox.

If you didn't like Ico, then Shadow isn't for you.

Then theres Dark Cloud, which totally skipped my mind. Both 1 and 2 respectivly are made of win.

Monster Hunter

Katamari Damacy

We <3 Katamari

James Bond: Nightfire

Ace Combat 4/5

Godai: Elemental Force

GTA

MoH: European Assault

Time Splitters 2/3

Soul Calibur 2/3

NHL Hitz

NFL Blitz (Not the latest one. It sucks. Get 20-03 if you can)