Xbox 360 Wired Controller for Windows

BlackKnight

I have gone through a lot of PC controllers but never found any I really liked. Sidewinders have broken on me.. all adapters I find seem cheapish and eventually fail, and lagged slightly even when they did work. Right now Im using a Nostromo ng45 which is utterly painful to hold and play with.

Anyway since the Xbox360 controller has been getting a lot of good reviews design-wise and features a USB port out of the box, I figure I might as well get one. However I hear that there are calibration problems and other such with this when used on the PC that may or may not be the drivers fault.

So does anyone have this / use it? and if so what do you think of it? I dont care about software to map game imputs or save profiles- I want a sturdy decent controller that will just work. Any ideas?

As much as I hate the X360 in terms of games and content, the controller is fabulous. You need to download some special drivers if you want to use it on a PC though, and I don't really have first-hand knowledge on how to set it up for the PC.

I got myself a Logitech RumblePad 2 which is awesome; PS2 controller design, rumble. What more could you possible want (besides analog buttons maybe)?