Should I get a DS?

I got some cashed stored so i figured I'd buy a DS just cuz they freakin finally released a FF3 remake. Any thoughts?

p.s.: emu's new layout is gay, especially the ads.

edit: or should I wait for a port to the PSP or PS2/3? it's worth waiting imo, when I can easily play the original. i've seen that certain games, for example jade empires and fable, which were only launched for a specific platform end up being ported sooner or later with enhanced content.

I'm not sure what you mean wiz. Another remake of final fantasy 3 for different platforms is quite possible. I mean, it's not like the original ff3 was designed for the DS touch-screen.

agozer: just seems a lil daft to buy a handheld for one single game. even if it is Final Fantasy 3. are there any other functionalities to the handheld? like wireless multiplayer or mp3 capabilities? or any other games you'd recommend.

also I think I'll wait till I see a US/EU version of FF3 DS hehe :clapping:

how emulated is the DS anyway? would it be possible to try FF3 on my PC?

Not very emulated and unless you've got a nice pc, you won't be able to play it at a decent speed anyway. just get the DS, it's cheap and a flash cart is cheap.

agozer: just seems a lil daft to buy a handheld for one single game. even if it is Final Fantasy 3. are there any other functionalities to the handheld? like wireless multiplayer or mp3 capabilities? or any other games you'd recommend.

I suggest you read up on Nontedo DS' features from Wikipedia or from somewhere else and familiarize yourself with the massive homebrewn scene the DS has going on. Hell, we even have dedicated sections here on 1Emulation.

I don't think DS emulation is in a really playable state, but I could be wrong. I do know there are translated versions of the original FF3 roms out there though.

Plus, SE can port FF3, but not the remake. Because the remake is completely different from the original form.

I don't think DS emulation is in a really playable state, but I could be wrong. I do know there are translated versions of the original FF3 roms out there though.

Many 2D only games work very well.