Xubuntu+Windows HDDs!

Okay so i have my Xubuntu Box up and running, installed everything i need (I think, thank you Automatix!) but i still cant get my other HDDs to show up

How do i enable my other 2 HDDs? i tried going into "Disks" and clicking the enable button but nothing happens (i think i need to pick a mount point or something?)

The one HDD that just has windows+its apps doesnt really matter that much, but the HDD that contains all my stuff (Music/Bittorent downloads/etc) i really need access to!

You are right, you need to mount the drive into some directory.

Has been a while till i used Linux, i think its something like

mount /dev/hd0

You can read about it, enter

man mount

on the console. All parameters and info will be displayed.

You can then access the drive as usual. Unless its formatted in NTFS, im not sure wether Linux can write NTFS partitions by now.

Thanks for the reply, i will try those after i get back home today

BTW i installed Xubuntu instead of Ubuntu/Kubuntu, because even though im most used to KDE, i wanted to try XFCE or whatever its called, which so far i am liking very much :clapping: (isnt there a way to install Gnome and KDE through Xubuntu anyway? i thought they where all the same besides the GUI they came with)

hmm still not working for some reaosn, i found some guide where i had to edit some file that contained all my drives and such

If i just reformat the drive im trying to mount as FAT32, should everything work automatically?

Because i dont really need the Windows HDD on Linux, Just the one with my Music/Movies/Emus/etc

Also WTF Format does Xubuntu use? Windows cant read the HDD Linux is on for some reason (maybe because its Windows 2000 SP4, but Windows 2000 SP4 seems to support most things XP does :/ )