IGN's top 100 games list

Diso

Some of those games ARE pretty good like Deus Ex. Starcraft, etc.

I was surprised when Mario got the 1st spot. That game is extremely annoying and a "Token Eater"

Actually I think the list is pretty good considering. I mean they aren't just measuring graphics or gameplay, they are taking into account the impact of a game.

The problem with creating a top 100 games list is that not everyone will agree with your choices. We should all make our own and see what we come up with (or maybe top 10 since 100 is a bit much :( )

i agree we should do a top 10 but theses are gonna be personal top 10 we dont want any fights lol it will be intersting to see how many gams we have in common in our top 10 i will post my picks later cuz i have to go think about it lol. :(

Before I even read the list I said to myself "Mario will be no.1". Don't know whye verybody likes the game so much, I never did and only played it like twice.

The list is major screwed up imo, especially the 1-10 selections.

A list such as this is a really monumental task. No one will ever agree on the top 100 games of all time across all platforms because of many factors including player age, genre, and if a certain player has ever played it or not. I think they did a fairly good job of selecting 100 great games. I don't really agree with the order that they put them in, but whatever. I was happy to see some really great older games represented such as Archon, Pirates!, and Ms. Pac-Man on the list, but where are Bards Tale I, M.U.L.E., and Impossible Mission??? I also find some fault with placing Doom at #44. Like it or not, Doom really got the FPS game to the forefront for the gaming public. I know non-gamers who bought pc's just so they could play Doom...how many other pc games have had an effect like that?? Not many...if any!!

I have seen a few lists like this over the past 5-8 years, and this is the most diverse by far. I say kudos....even if I don't agree with the placements.