Please help, old boardie needs assistance

I've had a problem similiar to this, my PC came brand new (HP) with xp installed and a partition with the recovery on it. However, the hdd died on me so I was left with no legal xp recovery method. I like to call this "forced piracy."

I've had a problem similiar to this, my PC came brand new (HP) with xp installed and a partition with the recovery on it. However, the hdd died on me so I was left with no legal xp recovery method. I like to call this "forced piracy."

This is pretty much my problem, but my comp has not died, It seems that all the newer comps are not coming with a windows reinstall cd, and they are really pushing the windows recovery function. The reason i hate it is because they put so much bloatware, on the comps to begin with that when i do the whole controll + alt +delete thing, it says im running 70 + applications at the same time, and these are all the free crap they load the newer computers with. That is why i would rather reformat the computer and remove all that crap.

I had a dell, they did the same thing with no revovery cd, and i found a real easy way to make up back up recovery cd which i used that when i reformatted the comp, problem is that i forgot how i did it :devilboy: