Model 2 emulator 0.3 released

Robert

Model 2 Emulator v0.3 posted by ElSemi 22/08/2006

After more than 2 years without updates here is a new version of my Model 2 Emulator. The main changes are all speed related. The emu should be faster now. Also it now supports Frameskip and AutoFrameskip. This will probably be the last version of the emulator unless some Fujitsu TGP MB86234 docs appear to finish the emulation of the 2 and 2A cores.

* I've rewritten part of the emulator for increased speed.

* The SHARC core has also been speedup by removing unused SHARC features that weren't used by model2.

* Added frameskip and autoframeskip (with + and - in the keypad).

* Added Ski Super G and OverRev.

* Fixed topskater and virtualon control maps.

* This is probably the last version of the emulator, unless some Fujitsu TGP MB86234 docs appear

to finish the emulation of the 2 and 2A cores. Sorry, I know I still have to do the digital

sound board emulation for STCC and TopSkater but I have no free time.

>> Get it HERE.

Wow, I never knew they had no documentation to go on regarding the FPU. I'm usually pretty good at digging up random docs on wierd hardware, I can tell you now theres NOTHING on the internet regarding the TGP MB86234.

Wow, this actually works! Sweet!

Although I'm not sure the Virtual On controls maps have actually been "fixed".. It uses two sticks in the arcade, but the d-pad moves you around in the emulator? This is kind of cool, but it also means you can't jump or duck, as this was done by pulling the sticks away from or towards each other.

• 2 weeks later...