what next-gen console will YOU be getting?

Next Generation Console?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

remember people,get the wii and your getting 4 consoles :naughty:

Please do explain THAT concept to me; I don't understand how that is even possible! :naughty:

Nintendo Wii will have a Virtual Console thing which includes: NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, and TurboGrafx16 (selected games for all of these systems but expect the most from the Nintendo ones). It is also fully backwards compatible with Gamecube but that's not virtual, it's in the hardware.

Microsoft owns RARE, so I don't think you'll be seeing too many RARE games on the Wii.

Thast True Agozer but NIN bought Rare and then sold it to MS. So I doubt they would give up rights to KI, Goldeneye etc in the deal. Thats why we never saw a KI for X-box.

As for the emulation its very good idea but yet to see the business model is it gonna be renting games on the HDD like some cell phones do and charge you each time you play or online like Xlive Arcade.

off topic: I been away for a while nice revamp GameCop and whoever else invloved

Microsoft owns RARE, so I don't think you'll be seeing too many RARE games on the Wii.

Thast True Agozer but NIN bought Rare and then sold it to MS. So I doubt they would give up rights to KI, Goldeneye etc in the deal. Thats why we never saw a KI for X-box.

As for the emulation its very good idea but yet to see the business model is it gonna be renting games on the HDD like some cell phones do and charge you each time you play or online like Xlive Arcade.

KI = Rare property, Published by Nintendo. Ex: Perfect Dark series started on 64, when Rare was still a 2nd party. There for, KI is their property, not the big N's.

Goldeneye = Lost license (it's under the EON/MGM and as of right now, Activision), no right to redistribute unless granted.

In short, Killer Instinct has a higher chance of being (re)made for MS. And we know that MS is partly sharing Rare, occasionally you'll see a rare title on DS/GBA.

Just give me some more Timesplitters plz~