Why is the music of today so horrible?

Alpha

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that most of the music of today is considered garbage, however today's standards are not going anywhere anytime soon and most people have to live with it. Thankfully there are quite a few amount of individuals enlightened enough to actually transcend from mainstream music.

I'm not sure that today's music is worse than what it was at any time. What I'm sure of is that most of the garbage of the past has been forgotten. The music from the 70's and 80's that we listen to now is what has withstood the test of time. The same applies for any musical period.

In twenty years, people will probably only remember the few good musics from now, and will have forgotten the vast majority of current radio garbage.

I usually try to like all kinds of music and give them a chance before I dump them. We'll just have to live with some of the trash out there although some good/decent ones will come out of the fray. I don't have much of the 80s or 90s stuff myself, so I wouldn't really know what's recreated or not until I look for it or it comes out.

Very true, I believe this trend did actually start in the 80's, but really has gone out of control. For example, I'll admit I'm a Madonna fan and most of her songs on my CD's have been very enjoyable. But lately, her latest CD's are awful. And yep, only the first song was slightly good. (after the album: RAY OF LIGHT) I find it a shame that even the platinum artists have to come back and think the only way to match the industry of today is to reproduce frisbee CD's as well..

At least be original.

Madonna has ripped off Abba for hung up, if she can't write anymore songs than the best option for her is to retire; she has a secured future anyway :roll1: .

Blame Fashion for corupting the Music Industry.

Edited by Hexter

Now most people have got these so-called mp3 cell/mobile phones these, I have to put up with crappy pop music, rap music, some death metal and hardcore (even worse, rapcore) in college. I like Classic Rock and I don't mind listening to Heavy Metal and Power Metal.

I don't think the Music Industry would ever give a damn on how horrible the music sounds? I think fashion and technology are both are to blame for the horrible music and of course the fans who likes horrible music.

Edited by Hexter

Very true, I believe this trend did actually start in the 80's, but really has gone out of control. For example, I'll admit I'm a Madonna fan and most of her songs on my CD's have been very enjoyable. But lately, her latest CD's are awful. And yep, only the first song was slightly good. (after the album: RAY OF LIGHT) I find it a shame that even the platinum artists have to come back and think the only way to match the industry of today is to reproduce frisbee CD's as well..

At least be original.

Madonna has ripped off Abba for hung up, if she can't write anymore songs than the best option for her is to retire; she had a secured future anyway :roll1: .

I'm sad that people don't support sampling of other's songs. People have been doing it for YEARS and not a single person cared until THIS year.

I agree though, todays music blows, i listen to 70s/80s/90s all the time, It seems like the only music of today thats still any good is Electronic-type-music...because well, you could probably say it gets better with technology

The WORST song of them all...Like, it actually pisses me off and causes me to go into a rage, is that bastard flocking "Bossy" song, I get so mad when i hear that song, its so flocking bad, who the flock gives this person money? WHy the flock do people like it?

and its not even just music thats become unoriginal, its movies too, most of the ones that are even any good are remakes of old movies (Except Clerks 2, which i finally saw yesterday, and was AWESOME)

At least be original.

Madonna has ripped off Abba for hung up, if she can't write anymore songs than the best option for her is to retire; she has a secured future anyway :) .

I didn't know that.

Thanks for enlightening me on it as my respect for Madonna and today's music has gone down the toilet.