Online war games...

In case you couldn't tell, I like war games..

But since 2amGames shut down, taking Chain of Command with it, theres been a big empty hole in the net for a good war game. After hearing about it for a while, I decided to check out WarOnline.net.

It's a war game thats still in open beta, but from what it has so far, it's gonna rock. You pick your teams color, and your name, and you jump right into a game. The games are level based; If you arn't good enough or are too good, you can't get into certain games.

The Champaign games is what I love. Think of a turn based warcraft, just with lots more. You start off with just a few units and buildings, but as your technology improves, so does your choices. As long as you have the resources, you can build as huge an army as you want, or concentrate on defences at first and then overwhelm your enemies once they've been weakened. The only downside is the turns. Beginner games all have a turn of about 4 hours.. meaning take your turn, then go find something else to play. As you get into the higher levels tho, there are other types of games, with varying speeds and objectives.

For those who just want the action, there are Battle Games too. You are given so many points, and can build as large an army as you want.. then, off to the battle field you go. If you build the best army, you win.

The problem with their ranking system is there are no military ranks; seems odd to make a military game and not use military ranks. There isn't any sound or animation in this one either, but there are downloads you can get to make the loading faster. Otherwise, you play the whole thing from the downloads you get when you join a new map, and even an ancient machine like mine can play it with no problems. If you got IE 5.0 and Flash, you're ready to play.

Overall i'd give this game a 7 out of 10. Might be something you'd love to do during those 10 minutes before and after work.

Hey, if anyone else knows of a good war game, let me know.. i'm always looking for some fun. Kinda hard tho on a P2 300.

New War Game

This is a game my bro has been working on the website.

Its like chain of command from what i saw on the forums.

I haven't played it because I personally think it suks lol.

Why play 2d war games when you can play COUNTER STRIKE AND MEDAL OF HONOR!

:)

The last decent war game I played on-line was 10six. I no longer have time to sit and constantly worry about my on-line persona, so I just havn't played anything new in a while. I will check this out though.

10six has been dead for some time =( there are people out there making a new version tho..

supposed to be before they added in the sucky level system

Who said medal of honor :)

To the death!!!!!!!

Sh@t he hit me first dam smg!!!

Ill run away in this room... leave a trail of grenades...

"taking fire need some help"

No body helps its free for all...

Blam!!!!

Grenade took him out, pick up his health pack...

Move on...

:cry:

I can reel of the PC requiremnets from my box...

Operating system:Windows:Any of them.

Processor:At least a 450mhZ.

You will need an Open Gl graphics card [3d accelarator]

Sytem memory:128 of RAM

Hard drive space: 1.2 GB

DirectX 8

ANd a 16 meg of graphics card memory.[remember it has to have open GL]

I reccomend at least 32.

Tell us your card sgt! :)

One more thing.

I wrote up a basic guid for nOObies to the world of medal of honor.

It up in my forums i will give you a direct link...

I am not sure if you have to join i cant remeber the privacy settings for the topic...

Here is the link anyway it will help :)

]http://members.lycos.co.uk/neocream/phpBB2...php?t=136[/url]

I got an ATI 64mb video card...

how sad.. my video card has a more powerful processor then my PC

Hmm waht I paly is Medal of Honor Allied assaul, Spearhead and soon I will have Battelfield...

Not being war games I´m more inclined to UT2003

MOHAA Rocks!