worms world party backup problem

i downloaded worms world party recently which came in rar format of course, no sfv included. i decompressed it only to find an mds and mdf file. i searched around the net and found i should burn the mds file with alcohol 120%. so i do that pop in my boot disc wait then put in my other disc and i get the cd player screen with like 18 tracks spanning something like 68 minutes. so i converted the mds and mdf files to bin cue files and burnt the cue file which i made sure pointed to the bin file and same results as last time. so i opened up the cue file with notepad and it just doesnt seem quite right. you guys be the judge. i also made sure the 2 files have the same name with different extensions. i have never gotten a backup game that isnt selfboot so im in the dark on this. i have 3 or 4 backup games that work no problem on my october 2000 dreamcast. please help me

FILE "WormsWorldParty.bin" BINARY

REM SESSION 01

TRACK 01 AUDIO

INDEX 01 00:00:00

TRACK 02 AUDIO

INDEX 01 00:06:00

TRACK 03 AUDIO

INDEX 01 00:12:00

TRACK 04 AUDIO

INDEX 01 00:18:00

TRACK 05 AUDIO

INDEX 01 02:27:56

TRACK 06 AUDIO

INDEX 01 06:45:09

TRACK 07 AUDIO

INDEX 01 10:33:07

TRACK 08 AUDIO

INDEX 01 14:51:67

TRACK 09 AUDIO

INDEX 01 19:10:58

TRACK 10 AUDIO

INDEX 01 23:27:56

TRACK 11 AUDIO

INDEX 01 26:40:73

TRACK 12 AUDIO

INDEX 01 29:25:60

TRACK 13 AUDIO

INDEX 01 33:45:50

TRACK 14 AUDIO

INDEX 01 36:52:46

TRACK 15 AUDIO

INDEX 01 40:26:74

TRACK 16 AUDIO

INDEX 01 44:42:45

TRACK 17 AUDIO

INDEX 01 48:39:00

REM SESSION 02

TRACK 18 MODE2/2352

INDEX 01 54:48:37

I've had no luck burning most images that have more than one track in the first session - just like the description you gave us. (the exception is if those tracks were unpacked and injected cdda audio files).

mds/mdf usually will burn a selfbooting game in A120%, there's no need to convert it to nonbooting bin+cue. but what you will probably need to do is find a different image of the game that has the usual 2-track, 2-session, first session as 600~kb audio, 2nd session 600~mb data, format.

thats just my experience, tho - I'd be glad to hear from someone else if there is a ***reliable*** way to burn that sort of multitracked image.

sorry that i couldnt offer a better solution. good luck

why would you want to play WWP on a dreamcast when you can play it on PC just as well? mouse + keyboard beats controller any time for this kinda game >_>

[/unrelated comment]

Maybe he doesn't want to lose hard drive space. Anyway, I have both versions.

i just enjoy the dc experience more than pc. im terrible at any pc game since i for some reason cant use a mouse and keyboard well at least not in fps games like counter strike. i know just downloading a different image seems simple but im on a dial up connection where im lucky if i get 4 kb/s for a download rate. i have mounted the mds file in daemon tools and tried playing it in chankast to see if it would work but no luck but then again i think i saw somewhere that it isnt compatible. but im pretty sure i burnt the mds image correctly in alcohol 120%. i mounted it with daemon tools and looked inside of its directory and there is no ip.bin or 1st read.bin so i dont think its a selfboot. just a 0winceos.bin file since it is a wince game but i dont know if that means anything. i gotta be doing something wrong here since it has plenty of seeds on it which leads me to believe that it isnt corrupt. it is only a 160mb rar file when you download it if any of you guys want to try it out and help me. i got the torrent over at mininova.org but i think that would be asking too much of you guys to download it and burn it. i will have one more go at burning yet another cd-r. is it possible that my dreamcast is only compatible with selfboot games? i have no idea. im glad you guys gave me any feedback at all since i posted this at other places and got nothing.

Open alcohol 120% select the image to burn (mds,mdf) set the write speed to 2x (just to be safe, but you can ussally go up to 8x) and MAKE sure the write method is RAW DOA. Then start recording :D

Edited by Chevy787

i got it to work after searching google some more until i found someone with a problem almost identical to mine. im sure that my problem was that i was burning it too high since i put it at my maximum write speed of 16x, but i was burning the .mds file with the raw dao option. this is what solved my problem:

"If anyone would like to add the Dreamcast configuration profile directly into their Alcohol 120%, open up the file 'AxType.ini', and insert the following code. Then burn it using the datatype called Dreamcast from the pulldown. It self boots and everything! Woo!!!

[Dreamcast]

MAX Read Speed=65535

Skip Read Error=0

Fast Skip Read Error=0

Read SubChannel Data=0

Read PreGap Area=0

MAX Write Speed=1411

Fix EFM Error=0

Burn RMPS on Disc=0

RecordMethodCount=2

RecordMethod_00=0x04

RecordMethod_01=0x03