Project 64 startup screen

PhaRaoH

lo every1 im new to this site, and am a crazy rom maniac, i just have a question. i found a site to project 64 v1.0 guide but didnt get the part of how u get ur game roms to appear on the first screen when u start project 64, the one with the "good n64 name" and "status" to see which errors the games have, can any1 help me?

btw is project 64 1.5 the best emulator for this or do i need to get another one?

also on my old computer i had "jnes" for 8 bit nes games and "znes" for the 16 bit nes, are they still the best around or is there others u guys can recommend?

i havent really followed the emulation scene since i had a crap computer before, so pls help :blink:

There is no znes. It's ZSNES. Get it right. As far as NES emulators are concerned, Nestopia is my ultimate favorite.

But back on topic.

Put your N64 rom images in PJ64's roms folder. Start Project64 and press F5 to refresh the Rom Browser.

weird i did try out the f5 thing before, it just kept flickering the screen, ut now it works thx mate, now im just gonna be patient and wait for the converterr and joypad to appear in 2 weeks or so, man i cant wait to be playing all those games i grew up with again,mario party all day! :blink:

>Gordoone: no m8 i can load them up, just some of them doesnt go further than then company credit screens, like resident evil2 or yoshis story but zelda,banjo,mario games are at the moment starting up well and havent seen a issue on those yet

Edited by PhaRaoH

oo ok.

i have a problem like that sorta, When i play duke nukem, i can play the first missions of training but as soon as he gets on the helicopter, after that nothing happens, is this the PJ64 doing this or might that be the rom?

edit:

I just made the enitre list appear here, and for my duke nukem zero hour it says:

Notes (core):fails@level1;use(E)Rom

also, my star wars battle for naboo, which never starts says:

Notes(default Plugins):{video Unsupported

What should i do??

Edited by GoRDoOnE

oo ok.

i have a problem like that sorta, When i play duke nukem, i can play the first missions of training but as soon as he gets on the helicopter, after that nothing happens, is this the PJ64 doing this or might that be the rom?

edit:

I just made the enitre list appear here, and for my duke nukem zero hour it says:

Notes (core):fails@level1;use(E)Rom

also, my star wars battle for naboo, which never starts says:

Notes(default Plugins):{video Unsupported

What should i do??

Battle for Naboo isn't supported by Jabo's Direct3D plugins. Use a third party plugin like Glide64 and see if anything changes. As for Duke Nukem 64, use the (E) version like you were instructed.

• 2 months later...

In order to get all of your games to show up in the list on PJ64 you must first put all of your roms in one folder on your hard drive. It doesn't matter if they are zipped or not PJ64 supports the zip format (but you probably already knew that). Ok, go to the File menu and select "Choose Rom Directory". Browse to the folder you put your roms in and choose "Open". Now, press F5 on your keyboard to refresh the list and all of your games should now be show.

...There I go again...I really need to read "every" post before posting.

Edited by Haldrie