Cannot connect

speighty

Im not sure whats wrong, i can go online with games fine but i just cant seem to connect win2ds at all it just keeps saying cannotconnect, if some one cud go through it step by step that wud be great im new to all this and i no this is not difficult but i just cant seem to do it and if i do manage to get to the part where i have to imput a password i input it and then it hangs at waiting, this is annoying now lol. There must be something im doing wrong maybe i have missed something, u experts out there u must no the solution to this, thanks.

Edited by speighty

im a noob at this just thought someone wud help me, i have actually tried 3 programs and i cant connect with any of them, i have tried win2ds, pointyremote and ds2key, i no i must be missing something, all the people that have got this working there must be 1 out there that can tell me the steps, this is wot i have done.

1.i have set up the connection settings on my ds thats fine

2.opened port 8888 on my router

3.started the server

4.then i load the program and i click auto connect, it does the searching and that and then i get cannotconnect

5.i tried doin the manual connection and i got as far as entering the password but then it hangs at waiting, the manual does not always work.

Edited by speighty

The way I fixed it was to go into the WFC stuff in a game, and instead of having stuff set to Auto, do it manually. So go into your Windows box or whatever, go to Start, hit run, type "cmd" (minus quotes obviously) and type

ipconfig /all

THat should list all the details you need. Then everything that says "Auto" in the WFC stuff, change it to the appropriate entry shown on your PC.

This fixed it for me. I had the same problem for ages and finally someone said to try that, and it worked great!

im a noob at this just thought someone wud help me, i have actually tried 3 programs and i cant connect with any of them, i have tried win2ds, pointyremote and ds2key, i no i must be missing something, all the people that have got this working there must be 1 out there that can tell me the steps, this is wot i have done.

1.i have set up the connection settings on my ds thats fine

2.opened port 8888 on my router

3.started the server

4.then i load the program and i click auto connect, it does the searching and that and then i get cannotconnect

5.i tried doin the manual connection and i got as far as entering the password but then it hangs at waiting, the manual does not always work.

Have you tried manual connect? There are a few things I've noticed about Win2DS in particular that has a few bugs. I don't know why, but when the stylus is in the top oleft hand corner for me, the mouse is poistioned right, but the further away I o from that corner, the more out of whack it is.

Try setting everything manually, assign a static IP to your DS and see if you still get the problems.

ok thats cool then, one more thing is there any other cool programs out for the ds.

Lots! Not too many Wifi ones, and what little there is is only in beta stage cos of the wifi lib. Maybe if you posted somewhere a little more frequently visited (such as "The Lounge" where robbbert is known to troll, lol.) and ask suggestions you'd get a good response. Im just lazy and can't be bothered tracking down links for all the programs.

Anywho, if you go through the news archives of www.drunkencoders.com you'll find all the coolest stuff thats out there really.