Windows XP sp 2

Mooney

CRAP! SUCK! Well that failed... :clapping:  :clapping:

After I told Automatic Updates to install sp2, and after it was done installing, it restarted my pc. At this point, I thought all was well. But then, instead of bootig normally, a screen pops up and tells me Windows failed to boot.  :clapping:  I choose "Start Windows normally," but that does nothing; it just goes back to the same screen. When I started in safe mode, it gave me the option to use System Restore. I took that offer, since I had created a System Restore Point right before I installed sp2. The Restore worked, so I am now sitting happily at my sp1 computer, and I don't plan to try again until I absolutely must. :clapping:

So my final advice: If you are going to try to install sp2, either back up your hard drive or use System Restore. It could save your pc. :blink:

Or don't be an idiot.

I installed SP2 just after I reformatted, thus saving me the time and many technical errors.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or just Backup all ur files to DVDs. Thats what i do when i reformat. I bought my computer recently and it came with SP2 and ive never evr had a problem with it. Besides the annoying security center, its all good...for me at least. hehe :D

Well, the same thing happens to me when I install sp2.., except I don't get a error message sp2 just stops loading on the boot up screen..... I tryed updateing about 10 times and 8 of those times I just cleaned out my hd.....

CRAP! SUCK! Well that failed... :D  :clapping:

After I told Automatic Updates to install sp2, and after it was done installing, it restarted my pc. At this point, I thought all was well. But then, instead of bootig normally, a screen pops up and tells me Windows failed to boot.  :blink:  I choose "Start Windows normally," but that does nothing; it just goes back to the same screen. When I started in safe mode, it gave me the option to use System Restore. I took that offer, since I had created a System Restore Point right before I installed sp2. The Restore worked, so I am now sitting happily at my sp1 computer, and I don't plan to try again until I absolutely must. :clapping:

So my final advice: If you are going to try to install sp2, either back up your hard drive or use System Restore. It could save your pc. :D

Never heard of that problem . All my PC's have XP SP2 and all work fine .

Seems like you have other issues which is causeing conflicts with SP2 ( Other software that is installed )

Maybe you could make a copy of your XP disc and then slipstrean SP2 onto that copy and try to do a repair install .