The Israeli-Lebanon Conflict

Gryph

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about quoting all your posts and providing solid responses, but alas I'm getting tired of providing you with proof that Hezbollah is considered terrorists by many countries.

No matter how many facts I'll post - you'll simply just keep on making them off as inaccurate/lies/propaganda to defend your stance on this subject. Even the whole EU fully supports all endeavors to disarm Hezbollah ( they wouldn't do that if they though the hezbollah was so great ) so yeah - I still say the majority of countries. and no, I fail to see how I contradicted myself, besides the fact that I exposed your lack of knowledge and understanding about how many countries consider hezbollah a threat to peace and stability.

you're the one changing your words, you said "Everyone considers hizbollah a terrorist organization" i said no, not everyone does, and you proved that yourself with what you posted (last i checked, usa, israel,canada and uk were not "everyone' ) now you're saying the eu wants it disarmed,but it doesn't consider it a terrorist organization (they consider one of it's leaders as a terrorist yes, but not the whole organization) yes they want it disarmed and incorporated into the lebanese army, yes, they want hizbollah under command of the central goverment and not an autonomous entity.

you're not providing me with proof, you're providing me with your opinion. just because four countries consider it a terrorist organization doesn't make it a majority, the eu wants it disarmed, yes i'll agree with that, but i wont' say " oh the whole world thinks it's a terrorist organization cause four countries say so, and the eu supports it being disarmed."

you didn't expose my lack of knowledge, you exposed your OWN.

oh, and i never disagreed that hizbollah are a threat to peace and stability, in fact, i'd be insane to say otherwise.

and what i'm stating is biased, is basically regurgitated news and idf statements, which no sane person would consider "fact"

In the face of so many facts

provided - you still maintain that hezbollah is "good" for lebanon.

when exactly did i say it was good for lebanon? i said it WAS good for lebanon, i never said it IS good for lebanon, or are you just putting words in my mouth.

Some ppl are clearly blinded by hatred towards israel - to see that Israel would benefit in no way by attacking civilians. You still haven't answered my question as to why on earth they would waste so much money and manpower and ammunition to simply destroy random targets because they can? I'm sorry - but that makes no sense ( or as you so delicately put it "Bullshit") - unless you hate Israel so much that you entertain ideas like that and actually believe it.

Hmm, psychological warfare, mass punishments ? anything like that make sense? you want a list of NON military targets that israel has attacked? you want a list of condemnations by military experts around the world that said that they shouldn't have attacked those structures unless they were attacking lebanon itself?

does it not make sense that israel is punishing the residents of lebanon and gaza for having hamas and hizbollah?

keep in mind, there are 2000-5000 hizbollah fighters in TOTAL.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,,1825670,00.html

Damage to date

Energy

· Jiye power station, 20 miles south of Beirut, repeatedly hit; electricity generator hit in Sibline.

· Electricity in Beirut said to be "feeble and flickering", with large areas cut off.

· In south, electrical supply almost completely cut. Estimated total of 750,000 people without electricity.

· Four gas stores hit; 17 fuel stores destroyed; 12 petrol stations bombed. Prices have rocketed sixfold in some cities, such as Tyre.

Water

· Treatment plant hit in Dair al-Zahrani, south of Sidon.

· Two trucks with water drilling equipment destroyed in Ashrafiyeh, Beirut.

Transport

· Of Lebanon's seven airports, Beirut airport out of action (runways damaged, fuel tanks destroyed), Qoleiaat in the north and Riyaq military airport in Bekaa severely damaged. All main civilian and military radar stations out of action.

· Three main seaports - Beirut, Tripoli and Jamil Gemayel - hit. Maritime operations antenna hit in Tripoli; Beirut lighthouse out of action.

· 38 main roads severely damaged from the air, including road to Damascus.

· 55 bridges destroyed, mainly those running to southern Lebanon.

Medical care

· Two hospitals hit, one in Nabatiyeh and one in the southern suburbs of Beirut; at least one destroyed (Mayss al-Jabal).

· Convoy of donated medical goods hit near Zahle.

Communications

· Hizbullah's Al-Manar TV station in Beirut hit.

Industry

· Liban Lait milk plant in Bekaa hit.

· Tissue paper factory in Sidon attacked.

· Paper mill in southern Beirut hit.

· Medical supplies company in southern Beirut hit; grain silos hit at port.

· Warehouse of Transmed company in Beirut caught fire; $10m losses.

· Stores of Procter & Gamble products hit in Choueifat.

Economy

· Stock market closed on Monday after falling 14%.

· Banks limit withdrawals by panicked customers to $1,000. Central bank keeping currency stable, say dealers.

forget explaining everything else, can you explain to me a milk factory? can you explain to me a procter and gamble warehouse, a TISSUE PAPER FACTORY??

And btw. Israel dropped millions of leaflets to warn lebanese ppl to stay away from hezbollah and extremist before they started bombing. If they wanted to pile up the civilian casualties, why would they do that?

and then proceeded to destroy any way of evacuation eh?

yes, " i'm warning you, if you don't get out of your house, it's going to be burned down, but i locked all the doors and am shooting at your windows"

you say that I speak from a media point of view, and yet you do the same when you quoted the attacks on barracks and the number of civillion casualties. ?? don't believe the media you say? hhhmmm. talk about contradicting yourself.

this thread could carry on forever with me and you quoting each other and media sources and saying "your sources are inacurate" so I'll make this my last post on this subject.

well, if you quoted idf statements as fact, then i guess theres no harm in quoting lebanese offical statements as fact eh? i mean, i guess the lebanese would know about their own country than the israelis would know about lebanon, right?

and yes, the media is inacurrate on all forms, that's why you see several sources and read up actual facts on situations from other ways. you just more or less quoted idf statements.

I'll end of by saying this: Terrorists need to be met with force, it's the only language they speak, releasing palestinian criminals out of Israeli jails should never happen - if you negotiate with terrorists today - they'll be back tomorrow making more demands.

Yes, terrorists need to be dealt with force, i agree with that 100% but like i said, hizbollah is a terrorist organization in israel's eyes, Israel is a terrorist country in hizbollah's eyes, should they both meet one another with force and not negotiate? after all, it's a matter of prespective now isn't it?

(read between the lines, in all my previous posts, i'm trying to say that this won't solve anything for israel, but rather cause more problems for it.)

but again, you said palestinian (and forgot lebanese) criminals.

what makes them criminals? that they were arrested? in that case why haven't they been put on trial?

put them on trial fairly and if they're found guilty, imprison them and toss away the key, if found innocent, let them free, but don't keep them locked away with no trial and just call them "terrorists" and "criminals"

i was arrested (at gunpoint) once for taking stuff out of my OWN CAR.

does that make me a criminal? once the cops realized their mistake they let me go, had i been actually arrested and a trial started, i had either been found guilty or innocent, depending on the trial.

so yeah, you want to hold them legitmately (and i would support israel on this) then give them FAIR TRIALS, don't let them linger.

and btw, israel isn't innocent from using this tactic itself, a while back, four egyptian teenagers in sinai, high on drugs wandered (and i DO MEAN wandered) into israeli territory, and got arrested as "terrorist plotters"

to set them free, israel and egypt traded prisoners.

sound familiar?

Edited by Elazul Yagami

Is there really a point to you 2 duking it out to this much of an extreme? You're 2 lowly citizens who couldn't make an impact on this situation if you spent 24hrs a day trying........sheesh.

no, but i'm mainly VERY VERY worried about my friends over there that i can't reach, and i cannot accept that the suffering they're going through should be considered "ok"