The Israeli-Lebanon Conflict

Gryph

If you've been paying any attention at all to the news then you should know by now that crap is really escalating in the Middle East. Israel has launched an attack on Lebanon to get back some kidnapped soldiers. Here is a good link if you want to read all the latest news coming from there: http://news.yahoo.com/fc/world/mideast_conflict

It's been a very long time since we've had a serious news thread so I thought we could discuss something like this for a change.

What do you think about all of this? Do you believe this could lead to a much larger conflict involving other major powers?

I just wish they could all sit back, smoke a peace bong, and hug each other. :angry: It would royally suck if it turns into an all out war.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't watch the news these days so I didn't know about this.

Isreali reaction seems a bit extreme over a couple of soldiers.

That would the same as saying Australia should have declared war on Indonesia after the Bali bombing.

Evidentally, the Saudis have "sided" with Israel, in saying that Hezbollah is guilty of many crimes. Good for us in the US, as we have to do anything the Saudis tell us to, due to all of the bonds they lent us.

this is all elazul is going to say on this situation, THIS IS flock1NG BULL5HIT!.

read this to understand why i don't give a flying flock who's fault it is:

http://www.elazulspad.net/ubbthreads/showf...sb=5&o=&fpart=1

lebanon is pretty much the most secular country in the middle east, and possibly the only real democracy (or on it's way to be) in the middle east... watch as after this bullshit dies down, lebanon becomes a tyranical state.

still i don't give a flying flock, read the link above and you'll understand why i really don't care who's fault it is, or what things will end up like.

edit: come to think of it,

anyone notice darken hasn't logged on in a while?

oh, and i can understand how israel can go into the palestinian territories since they're not technically a country under the u.n bullcrap,without getting punished, but how are they allowed to fly into syria, and invade lebanon, both soverign countries?

with no one in the world community telling them, hey, cut it out?

i hate to say this, and i despise the man, but i wish ariel sharon was still in charge.

oh dooz, please show me where exactly the saudi's have sided with israel?

cause i can't find anything on that.

edit 2: flock the media, flock It, and flock all opinions expressed by some self righteous ass flocks.

Edited by Elazul Yagami

What do you think about all of this? Do you believe this could lead to a much larger conflict involving other major powers?

yes, i honestly do believe it might grow so out of hand, that only the "super powers' will be able to stop it.

if it's financially viable for them to do so of course.

I just wish they could all sit back, smoke a peace bong, and hug each other. :( It would royally suck if it turns into an all out war.

yes, i wish so too, but the power loving bastards on both sides of any conflict always wish to extend it.

people always want to just live, regardless of race, creed or religon... it's some bastards (and mob mentalities) that cause it to be crap..

and you wanna know what's probably quite shocking? the propaganda is so strong in israeli media, that the majority of people there really have no clue what is being done in their name (with the exception of big name operations such as this.) kinda like the usa media ya know?

The situation here... it's really flocked up... it was flocked up for a very long time...

The Intifada messed up our value-system. Both sides' value-system. Human lives used to be sacred. A top value. 30 years ago, the muslim wouldn't have imagined using suicide bombers. They cared about their own people, their own lives. They attacked in groups. It was important for them to return home. Their families cared about them.

Now... they don't give a damn about their own flocking lives! Mothers are sending their own sons to die with smile on their face. If that's not flocked up, I don't know what is.

And we are not better. We used to have a sacred value - never abandon an injured person in the battlefield. We cared about our own people. We protected all of our civilians. We couldn't imagine abandoning Israelis to the enemie's mercy.

Now... we use Shderot - one of our cities - as a human shield. We don't care about the people there. When the qassams reached Ashkelon, the mayor of Ashkelon said that he won't let Ashkelon to turn our like Shderot. I have no critique against him - his responsibility is for Ashkelon alone - but this is an indicator for the israeli society - we have abandoned one of our sacred values.

Our efforts to return the three kidnapped soldiers show that we still remember that value. But we remember only the words. We forgot the meaning behind them. We have an empty value.

The greatest enemy is neither the israelis nor the muslim. The greatest enemy is the apathy. An apathy grew over the years. Murders that 10 years ago could make us declare a nuklear war now barely make us bat an eyelid. And when you don't care about human lives, you care about nothing. We are slowly cooking in this mess, and we don't even care about it!

Thats why I think that war is good. It's the only thing that can shake us down enough to stop the slow growing, constant killing - from both sides. After that war, we will finally be able to make peace. Nobody will give half a damn about territory - bacause human lives will regain their former importance. Human lives will become sacred once again.

oh dooz, please show me where exactly the saudi's have sided with israel?

cause i can't find anything on that.

I ment to say that it was an unofficial siding. All I read was a statement by an ambassader saying that Hezbollah is guilty of many crimes. A statement such as that could be interpreted as siding with Israel. Pure interpretation, though.

And someboddy, I agree with your resentments. However, I've lost all hope for humanity, and I really don't think we will ever learn from our mistakes. People are smart when alone, however when banded into groups we are incompetent and impulsive. Peace only ever lasts for a few years.

I really don't belive that the value of human lives will be restored, since we never really have any in the first place.

Mossad.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Although those times they botched many ops still comes to mind. This could be one of them on the information front.